Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » the OTHER ships from wolf 359 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: the OTHER ships from wolf 359
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason do you have anymore galleries with your ship pics?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. You took the crappiest of my pics and made it look fantastic!
Thanks!
If you go to http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view and type in "cojoker" as the member name you can see the over 80 ships I have built and taken pics of.
Please feel free to work your photoshop magic on any of the pics!
Would you mind if I posted the above pic you made? It would look great in the "Photoshopped Images album.
I am still learning the program and have a album full of my ships with nifty backgrounds, but I've yet to masteer the motion blur effects. [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason, your next step is to start casting. It'd be nice to makesome additions of to my fleet, being the small ship fan I am.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some stuff out for initial casting now and the casts will show what needs to get fixed prior to making reproductions. [Wink]
In the meantime I could put you in contact with the guy that makes the AGT and Nebula conversions and Ravenstar studios is releasing the Vor'Cha, New Orleans and (likely) the Valdor Warbird this year. (all in 2500th to match your own esteemed work)
TM Lindsey is releasing the NX and NCC versions of the Excelsior in 2500th as well as a "parts pack" to build all those DS9 Excelsior variant kitbashes everyone loves.
...and if you really want a great 2500th model you should get the NX-01. It's amazing and available now (I'll post pics once it's completed).
Meanwhile a certain poster here has volunteered to CG a bridge for the Merrimac design. [Big Grin]
Coolness.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Wow. You took the crappiest of my pics and made it look fantastic!
Thanks!
Would you mind if I posted the above pic you made? It would look great in the "Photoshopped Images album.
I am still learning the program and have a album full of my ships with nifty backgrounds, but I've yet to masteer the motion blur effects. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Hey THANKS! And yeah - no problem - take and use! [Smile]

It was... fun! [Smile]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Sweet! Do some more!
I added the pic to the "Newest ships" album with credit to you (of course). [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

HA! Lobo was the culprit that made the "Rigel" design that I built my model from!
http://mitglied.lycos.de/mrbrown5/okuda.gif
Come on down and bask in my gratitude Lobo!

...and Hey! Where the heck is Lobo now a' days anyway? Embedded somewhere? Checking in via Satelite phone?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Hands up who likes the Rigel design!?! I do. Why couldn't he have had something akin to this design during the Borg battle of First Contact? Or in the Dominion War?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I would have settled for just seeing the New Orleans, Challenger, Springfield and Chyenne classes during the Dominion War.
Hell, we only saw the Excelsior Refit (Lakota) the one time and never in major battles!
I'll have to snap some pics of my Renassiance class USS Colorado this week along with the new fleet shots.
I have a LOT of ships that have only one pic or less. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

If you're going to take some happy snaps - can you do this for me. Can you shine a light at an angle to the ship that you are photographing while making the ambient light lower?

This gives a single light source for the model - and makes it easier to photo-shop.

Andrew

P.S. you could use a desk lamp or torch or even one room light in a darkened room.

Andrew

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I'm snapping pics in a hour and I'll make a prominent light scource for your P-Shoppin' skills. [Wink]
Normally the pics are to show all the detail for critique from fellow modelers and we use reflectors to illuminate the whole model.
Any ship you'd like to see in particular?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Nothing in particular - a nice selection. Maybe some that are each at a similar vantage/angle.

Actually maybe the Norway??

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Hi Jason!

Here are two more ships!

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/44/elkins.jpg

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/44/ambassador2.jpg

Enjoy.

Andrew

[ March 29, 2003, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

SWEEET.
The Elkins looks great at warp! Where did you get the warpfield for that?
Do you mind if I remove the black metal rod holding up the Ambassador when I post it?
I have a pretty new Nebula and a "Medusa" as well to take pics of this week.....and I'll get some nice pics of te Norway (there are already some up now).
I was thinking of taking Aban's Ageian class illustration and using photoshop and my model to re-create the illustration with photos....just an idea for fun, mind you. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps