Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Klingon Personal Weapons K'Vestion

Author Topic: Klingon Personal Weapons K'Vestion
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Sternbach's lovely ST-Mag article about the klingon pigstickers (thanks Mim), he mentioned a variety of names of them.
He included the bat'leth (duh), mek'leth (Worf's small scimitar), d'k tahg (the dagger), qutluch (would this be a variant of Cutlass?),
QIS, tajtlq, yan, ghonDoq, chu'Hwl, haf'leth (simply half a bat'leth?), chonaQ, and jejtaj.

Now, what I want to know, obviously, is if there exist any pictures, descriptions
or even rumors of the other weapons in this list that wasn't in the movies or DS9?

In the cutscene intro of the PC computer game shootem'up "Klingon Honor Guard",
there was a brief explanation of the birth of the KHG to aid Kahless, and three klingons were shown in a picture.
IIRC, the left guy had a mek'leth, Kahless in the middle had a bat'leth (again, duh) and the right guy had a small, straight type of sword and a buckler.

That sword might be one other of that plethora of names Rickenbacker spewed all over us.

Now please tell me he had a plan for all those juicy names and it wasn't just Standard Pull-Out-Of-Assing, taken to a professional level?

Timo mentioned their partial appearance in TNG "Redemption" and "Reunion", are there any Screencaps of this?
Has the DVD rerelease gotten to the season where these episodes come from?
Other than that, any recommended fan pages?

[ March 30, 2003, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: Nim ]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of other, not-so-canon sources for klingon weapons, some of the Klingon action figures from Playmates came with an additional swordlike weapon. It looked like a sword with spikes on one side. Maybe they just mis-scaled the thing and it was supposed to be a knife originally, but I guess it appeared somwhere on the show at some point (because I can't remember an item coming with a figure that has not been seen on the show).
There has also been some information on Kira's knife collection in the Art of Star Trek, AFAIR. Several sketches of displayed knifes, but I neither know if they were ever built nor do I know if some or all were supposed to be klingon.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were some actual SWORD swords in TNG ... if memory serves, the weapon Duras used to defend himself, and in Worf's 2nd season workout program.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klingon weapons under the Kri'stak collection.

Most of them are non-canon but they list the canon ones with the episodes the appeared in. The spear I think appears in Bithright part 2 being used as a farming tool. Also there an odd weapon visible in the backround of, I think, Parallels, which appears to be the points from a Bat'leth on both ends of a pole.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, those gave shape to all but three of the names I stated, I think. Just what I looked for, thanks!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps