Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Jenol!n

Author Topic: Jenol!n
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TNN had a TNG time travel special on this past Friday, and "Relics" was one of the episodes shown. I was wondering if anyone knows what sets were used to represent the Jenol!n's bridge and engine room, and/or any screenshots thereof?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember seeing the engine room. I think everything on the Jenolan was set on the bridge, since I remember the transporter being right next to it.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it was just called the "ops center".

quote:
INT. JENOLAN (OPTICAL)
The Ops center is fairly small with a modest command area at one end and an engineering console at the opposite end. Off to one side is a two-man Transporter stage and control panel. The ship's technology and design should be noticeably older than the Enterprise and should reflect outdated engineering methods and philosophy.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the Jenolen interior was made with the Transporter and adjoining corridor set. The other really unique reuse of the transporter room set was as Kirk's San Francisco quarters from Trek II and III. The windows showing the Golden Gate in the distance are the colored back panels of the refit Const. Transporter Room.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wha? I'm certain that the whole thing was a newbuild, incorporating only a few elements of other sets (like the wall segments of a lab set or two, plus the ubiquitous consoles for con/ops and various chairs). It's very unlikely the existing transporter room set would be redressed, as the Jenol!n transporters were a two-man affair only. Also, the transporter set was used as-is in the same episode.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its like a super-sized runabout cockpit.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really super-sized for a 200+ meter long, multi-deck starship. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

ah thats simple to explain...its all conveniently fit into that little dome with an ultra swimming pool in the below hull...

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps