Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nemesis Enterprise Schematics

Author Topic: Nemesis Enterprise Schematics
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the newest plastic model of the Enterprise-E reflect the changes made in the shooting model?

If so, did the instructions show changes?

and if so, could someone please post same?

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they changed the plastic model. I have the Insurrection version, and they didn't add the yacht. (Actually, I didn't even know there was a new version...)

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Ertl releasing the kit again? That would be a surprise. I thought they didn't hold a license any longer. Considering that they never changed even the most obvious flaws on the Conny refit, I wouldn't expect any changes.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No new Ertl model (that one had inacuracies with the nacelle pylons anyway).
Bandai is supposed to be making a slap together perfect pre-painted version sometime late this year.
It really depends on how well the Bandai Enterprise A sells.
No word on what version of the Enterprise E it will be: the FC and INN versions have slightly diffrent paintjobs and the Nemesis version has additional phasers on the nacelle pylons and a more pronounced aztec pattern (due to the CGI model used this time around).

If you want the perfect FC or INN version of the ship, buy the one from Aliance models (in 1400th) and drool over the hunderds of small decals and minute details. It's resin, so it's not a good first model, but clean up will be minimal on any Alliance kit.

...or for those of us with apartments (or nosy pets) you can still buy the 2500th E in the 3 piece set and the aftermarket decals will make it look every bit as good as the larger version (and it comes with the Ambassador and Excelsior version Enterprises too!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey cojo are they paying you to spout of all that for them?? you sound like an advert man.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be an Ad Man (soulless creatures, not unlike Agent Smith from the Matrix) and mabye some of the effects are still there...

I've actually held the Alliance version and was almost hypnotized into shelling out the $85 for it even though it's not in my scale...it was just that cool.

Dennis (the sculptor of both Alliance and Starcrafts) is really cool to talk with and we got to hang out a couple of years back at a local con.

Sue me: I like great craftsmanship and dislike the new wave of models that require almost zero effort. [Razz]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I liked my reply so much I posted it twice! [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew it was the same guy who did the sculpting for alliance and starcrafts.... why doesnt he just deal with the one company? i know that despite the praise the alliance E gets at starshipmodeler.com i was still hesitant as it costs a hell of a lot of money. however i have the starcrafts nova and constituion refit and i love them.....time to get saving for alliances E and voyager then!!!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Alliance is several people but Dennis (Starcrafts) does all the Trek 1400th stuff and the upcoming Galaxy Quest ship (the toilet seat).
Starcrafts is Dennis' company but I think the decals and actual resin casting are done by someone else in Alliance and everything is sold only at Federationmodels.com.

More names= less Paraborg threat. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps