Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Engineering Schematics? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Engineering Schematics?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That schematic is pretty cool... I wonder what that big room at the aft end of the upper saucer bubble is. Looks like it takes up decks 2 and 3. Also looks like it has something that's meant to slide out a door of some kind. Maybe a big ole telescope... or a ray gun....

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the FJD "Star Trek Blueprints" set, it's supposed to be exactly as you surmise: a telescope, IMNSHO. That space is labeled as a physics lab in the blueprints and shows what I've always assumed was a telescope. After all, we've got what could easily be a "hatch" above that area as shown in almost every set of prints I've ever seen I believe that every pic I've seen of the studio models shows some sort of "decal" in that same area, as well.

Might be wrong, tho. I'm in a bit of a hurry and can't do proper studio model photo research.

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
After all, we've got what could easily be a "hatch" above that area as shown in almost every set of prints I've ever seen I believe that every pic I've seen of the studio models shows some sort of "decal" in that same area, as well.[/QB]
Actually the descriptions in the FJD blueprints indicate the 'decal' on the exterior is made of a sensor-transparent material, so the telescope can 'see' out into space without resorting to using a hatch.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Stephen L. Had planned to pull out & dust off my set tomorrow. This just saves me the time. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps