Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Menage-a-Tech! {"Cogenitor" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Menage-a-Tech! {"Cogenitor" Spoilers]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three additional notes upon a rewatch:

-The Vissians apparently use knives and forks.

-A meeting in the episode occurs in a ward room of sorts. It's the mess hall set, with monitors on one wall and a large conference table in the middle. Have we seen this one before?

-So, cogenitors make up about 3% of the Vissian population. It's probably a cultural thing, but with humans, people tend to get attched to their kids regardless of gender. Are Vissian parents not miffed when they have a cogenitor and it's taken away from them?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:

-A meeting in the episode occurs in a ward room of sorts. It's the mess hall set, with monitors on one wall and a large conference table in the middle. Have we seen this one before?
Mark

Wasn't this the same room from "Precious Cargo" where T'Pol was acting like some judge in her robe threatening this guy that if he doesnt help them locate that freighter....anyway, that room??

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:

-So, cogenitors make up about 3% of the Vissian population. It's probably a cultural thing, but with humans, people tend to get attched to their kids regardless of gender. Are Vissian parents not miffed when they have a cogenitor and it's taken away from them?

Mark

Maybe they are rewarded or compensated for providing such a 'resource' to their culture. They probably don't allow themselves or are discouraged from attaching themselves to 'it'.

Kinda makes ya wonder what kind of hardware the Cogenitors are sportin'.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, no. [Smile]

The room is *not* the one in "Precious Cargo". I distictly remember in that epsiode that they had the mess hall's backlit cupboards and such on the wall in question. For all intents and purposes, it *was* the mess hall, with the furniture removed.

This one has a distictly different wall, with the large and small LCD screens borrowed from the bridge set. The remaining walls are definitely from the mess hall set. Personally, I hope they don't use this often - they may have had such a room in all the other series, but I like that they generally use the situation area at the back of the bridge. Keeps everything smallish

Mark <--- looking forward to changes next year

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, definitely a location on the ship we haven't seen before, though whether it's a new set or not is a little unclear.

I'm partial to the situation room, myself, but I get the sense there's a fair number of scenes that can't logically be held there, so a bigger belowdecks ward room only makes storytelling sense to complement, not replace it. Makes Trek sense, too... one assumes they hold staff meetings with more than six participants on a frequent basis.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Yeah - but if they do, then who's running the ship? [Wink]

Mark

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chef [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, surely this "conference room" is the same place Shran and Soval and Archer sat down to chat at the end of "Cease Fire," no?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine then... it was a location on the ship I had never seen before.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.) I am not certain. Such was just my assumption, is all.

2.) It is like an episode written with Tom in mind! Sort of.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps