Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise-A hull cross section

Author Topic: Enterprise-A hull cross section
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I'm making a cut-away model, it occured to me to wonder what the hull itself looks like? In a coupe of the movies, we've seen the outside, but what's under that skin? Any thoughts on how thick it is? what layers of metal, insulation, and... stuff there is? The ERTL 1:537 model plastic is about a scale 5' thick... which seems a bit much.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I point you to the "Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual" and the sectiong that goes in to detail on the hull of the E-D. IIRC, it shows various different layers of the hull and materials used in it's construction, as well as hull thickness and more minutiae than a Trek Fan can memorize. [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps