Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Record-Smashing Tech! ["First Flight" Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Record-Smashing Tech! ["First Flight" Spoilers]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AJ Robinson, ya Mooks.

Mark

QuinnTV
Member # 859

- posted      Profile for QuinnTV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
If we ever see the Shenandoah it'll probably be a "stock" NX class after the Enterprise gets the upgrade (that way they can use the old CGI model.

Is it certain that the Season 3 upgrades are physical changes? I've heard of the ship getting beefed up, but I seem to have missed out on hearing about exterior changes (and thus a CG change). Could someone update me?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's nothing definite - only that the ship would be refitted. Of course, Voyager had all kinds of modifications over the years, and the exterior remained exactly the same over the course of the whole series.

Given the large number of new CG effects in every episode, the odds are that they can probably get away with changing the look of the ship on the outside - a welcome change by us fans. However, given B&B's penchant for keeping everything visual exactly the same (Janeway's hair nonwithstanding), odds are that the exterior of Enterprise will not change. It's probable that she'll have different sizes and shapes of things folding out of her next year, though...

Besides, if the exterior of the ship changed, then the Art Asylum people would be pretty pissed that their excellent new NX-01 model would be outdated already. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
POlar lights is making the NX-01 model from a master by Thomas sasser and last I'd heard he had'nt seen any specs one way or the other of the "retrofit" with weapons and the first Photon Torpedos.
I do think they'll modify the ship though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF they change the ship's look, they are probobly just now, in the 'sit down and talk about it' stage. Theyre more likely to add shields, photon torpedoes, real transporters, and a tractor beam.

New shuttles would be a welcome change too. I like the shuttle design, but it just doesn't seem to be that logical of design.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone explain the fuss about Robinsons's name? I am confused [Frown]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew J. Robinson = Garak

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh. Thanks. Have you seen this episode yet, Spike? It shows the Commodore rank and at least one new uniform. Plus the Starfleet Command or Starfleet HQ patch.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Have you seen this episode yet, Spike?
Nope, but I hope in a few hours.

quote:
It shows the Commodore rank and at least one new uniform. Plus the Starfleet Command or Starfleet HQ patch.
I've seen a screenshot of the rank stripes. Oddly enough, it looks like this
 -

It's sad that with the Magazine gone we probably won't get better pictures of these patches. [Frown]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

http://members.lycos.nl/harrysdump/trek/screens/firstflight/

As far as I can tell, the Commodore stripes look just like two stripes..?

And what are those boxes they are wearing? The Vulcan delegation also wears them. Translators? Or just security devices?

--------------------

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
I've seen a screenshot of the rank stripes. Oddly enough, it looks like this
 -

That makes it look like the small one is at the top, when it's actually at the bottom (the end of the arm).
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

What is this "new uniform" of which you speak? Are you talking about the sweatshirt (with patch) Archer wore in his first scene with Admiral Forrest? Would that really qualify? I'm under the impression that it's more or less like the athletic gear you can buy that says "USMC" on it... I don't think that qualifies as a real uniform.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

I don't know. It did have the SF patch on it, plus a nametag. And a cap (in his hands). OTOH, there was no rank or division color...

And of course there's the orange pressure suit.

And the fact that these uniforms are used before 2151.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

And didn't they used to have some plasma cannon waaaaay back in "Broken Bow"? [Roll Eyes]

^^^ this reply was supposed to go into that other thread. I don't know what it's doing here [Confused]

[ May 16, 2003, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Harry ]

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry: Why no caps of the NX-Alpha & NX-Beta??? [Frown]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps