Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Little episode clarification request for shiplist...

Author Topic: Little episode clarification request for shiplist...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, all.

When I compiled my shiplist, (which I am now in the slow, painful process of getting back to work on) I somehow made the oversight of not including which segment of two-part episodes some ships appeared or were referenced in (!) and by now my memory is extremely foggy. Can people please help me here?

Here's what I need to know... (Tell me either Part I or Part II, or both.)

TNG:
  • Hood in "Encounter at Farpoint"
  • Lalo in "The Best of Both Worlds"
  • Alka-Selsior, Tripoli, and T'Pau in "Unification"
  • Aries, Berlin, Cairo, Sutherland, and Stargazer in "Chain of Command"
  • Agamemnon, Crazy Horse, and Gorkon in "Descent"
  • Yorktown, Bozeman, Concord, Pasteur and Stargazer in "All Good Things..."

DS9:
  • Mekong in "The Maquis"
  • Rio Grande in "The Search"
  • Venture, Xhosa and Trial in "The Way of the Warrior"
  • The unnamed (but numbered NCC-13471) Miranda-class in "What You Leave Behind"

VGR:
  • Al-Batani and Zola in "Caretaker"
    (ALSO: Are there any other episodes where this ship [Chakotay's raider] was seen/mentioned???)
  • Endeavour in "Scorpion"
  • Raven in "Dark Frontier"

Thanks much,
-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm speaking from memory here, but I'm going to indicate which ones I'm sure of...

Endeavour -- Definitely Part 1, Janeway reading old Captain's Logs from "the greats" for inspiration.

Raven -- Definitely both parts of "Dark Frontier," the Hansens' mission was a parallel to Janeway's.

Hood -- Almost positive it was just in Part 1 of "Farpoint," that it was gone by the time Q popped in to "motivate" them.

Mekong -- Not positive, but all three runabouts were definitely seen in Part 2 of "The Maquis," and only one runabout seen in Part 1.

Rio Grande -- Pretty sure that the Rio Grande was the one they stole in "The Search, Part 2" to destroy the wormhole.

Al-Batani -- Definitely just Part 1; Janeway only mentioned it as when she served under Admiral Paris.

Lalo -- Definitely just Part 1... it disappeared only as part of the suspense, and was forgotten because of Wolf 359.

Zola -- Definitely both parts of Caretaker, they were in the opening teaser, after all. [Razz]

Venture -- Almost positive it was only Part 2... that was after the Klingons had already started their invasion that Starfleet sent in the cavalry.

Trial -- I'm pretty positive that it was never mentioned in the episode, so that means it was only seen as part of the fleet at the end of WOTW.

~~~

That's about all I can remember for now. I'll check my own database later tomorrow and get more if you need them. Hope this helps. [Smile]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TNG:
  • Hood in "Encounter at Farpoint"
Part 1

• Lalo in "The Best of Both Worlds"
Part 1

• Alka-Selsior, Tripoli, and T'Pau in "Unification"
The first one was seen in the supply depot in part 2. The T'Pau was never confirmed onscreen. The deflector from that ship was stored in the Tripoli, which was missing when Our Heroes went to the appropriate location in the depot. Many people believe the T'Pau was stored there either whole or in pieces, and that the Romulans rebuilt her as one of the three ships used for the invasion force, but that theory is totally unsupported, and even mostly refuted by what's actually in the episode.

• Aries, Berlin, Cairo, Sutherland, and Stargazer in "Chain of Command"
The Cairo was the Excelsior-class ship Captain Jellico transferred to the Enterprise from, so part 1. The Stargazer was referred to when Gul Madred was going through Picard's history, and his interrogation was all in part 2. I do not remember the other three in that episode at all. It is possible they were referenced as ships able to assist when a confrontation looked likely.

• Agamemnon, Crazy Horse, and Gorkon in "Descent"
All ships assisting in the search for the Borg in part 1, all referenced only. I believe the Berlin was also referenced in dialogue as making a spurious sighting.

• Yorktown, Bozeman, Concord, Pasteur and Stargazer in "All Good Things..."
Yorktown referenced in one of the future scenes while they were in Cambridge, which I believe was in part 1. We first saw the Pasteur shortly after that. We didn't see any of the other three, and I don't remember where in dialogue they were referenced.

DS9:
  • Mekong in "The Maquis"
Part 1

• Rio Grande in "The Search"
Part 2

• Venture, Xhosa and Trial in "The Way of the Warrior"
Venture at the end of part 2. I don't remember the other two.

• The unnamed (but numbered NCC-13471) Miranda-class in "What You Leave Behind"
Oh hell, I don't know.

VGR:
  • Al-Batani and Zola in "Caretaker"
    (ALSO: Are there any other episodes where this ship [Chakotay's raider] was seen/mentioned???)
Al-Batani in the referenced in the beginning of part 1. The Zola wasn't referred to as such at all in the series -- but it seems there was a dedication plaque on the bridge, so that would be the the beginning of part 1, as well.

• Endeavour in "Scorpion"
Janeway was quoting from the Endeavour's captain in part 1.

• Raven in "Dark Frontier"
Part 1

--Jonah

P.S. I'm sure of most of these, but I may be wrong on some. All the epsiodes that aired as one part, I have on tape as one part.

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to answer this independantly...because I have notes from the episodes confirming these all...just to save time sorting through the other right and wrong responses:

TNG:
Hood in "Encounter at Farpoint"

Seen in Part I

Lalo in "The Best of Both Worlds"

Mentioned in Part I

Alka-Selsior, Tripoli, and T'Pau in "Unification"

Seen in Part II

Aries, Berlin, Cairo, Sutherland, and Stargazer in "Chain of Command"

Aries, Berlin and Sutherland were not specifically mentioned in the episode. Cairo was in BOTH Part I & II. Stargazer was mentioned in reference to Picards familiarity with biogenic weapon in question, a topic in BOTH, but I recall specifically Madred mentioning it in Part II, possibly it was too mentioned in Part I during the debriefing aboard the shuttlecraft.

Agamemnon, Crazy Horse, and Gorkon in "Descent"

Mentioned, Mentioned and Seen in Part I

DS9:
Rio Grande in "The Search"

Seen in Part II

Venture, Xhosa and Trial in "The Way of the Warrior"

Xhosa: Part I (for certain; however, I never saw this episode as a 2-parter; I still have it on tape as it originally aired. Venture: Part II
Trial: Not mentioned.

The unnamed (but numbered NCC-13471) Miranda-class in "What You Leave Behind"

Seen in Part II

VGR:
Al-Batani and Zola in "Caretaker"

Mentioned in Part I and Seen in Both

no

Endeavour in "Scorpion"
Mentioned in Part I

Raven in "Dark Frontier"
Seen in Both

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The unnamed but numbered Miranda in WYLB is problematic (if it's where I think it is in Part II) because that was reused footage from an earlier ep. That particular ship was supposed to be either the Sitak or the Majestic, IIRC.
SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by darkwing_duck1:
The unnamed but numbered Miranda in WYLB ... was supposed to be either the Sitak or the Majestic, IIRC.

That'd be great news if it can be confirmed. We know that the Majestic was NCC-31060, but we don't have the Sitak's number. USS Sitak was the one that went pinwheeling through space.

If the reused footage was the other ship nearer the screen, then it's the Majestic...I wouldn't consider it unnamed. By the time they cut to that footage, the name had probably burned off the hull.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NCC-13471 is not any of the ships you're thinking of. We saw only the forward ventral view. It was when the fleet was heading off to engage the Dominion, but hadn't yet arrived. The number is visible. It was basically stock footage from another episode where at that time, the cgi model (for at least particular ship) was not labeled with a number at all. They just took that footage and digitally added the number to that ship.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps