Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise-A rear view of the saucer critique

Author Topic: Enterprise-A rear view of the saucer critique
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't think of a better subject title...

My apologies for those seeing this in both here and on starshipmodeler.com

Look at these two pictures.

The studio model

and a photo of my ERTL 1:537 kit

Beyond the basic "WOW, they're really different" the Impulse engines will practically need to be scratch-rebuild. I THINK I see two other things and would appreciate opinions.

1) IS the primary hull on the ERTL model as thick as the studio model? Assuming the 9' deck hight, 18' at 1:537 scale would be just under a half inch, which is exactly the thickness of the saucher hull edge. Now, we all know that that thichness would HAVE to be thicker then just the 18' hight of two decks. A 25' thickness would work out to .55" on the model. As I look at them, it seems that my model will need about a 1/16" spacer to thicken the deck-hight.

2) IS the Dorsal on the ERTL model as thick as the movie model? I think it was Griffworks that first mentioned it to me and in these pics, the ERTL dorsal doesn't look as thick. It looks like it could use being 1mm-2mm wider too.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps