Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SWDAO:USS Trial

Author Topic: SWDAO:USS Trial
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone actually heard this one being mentioned or are we still taking this from the official website.

------------------
"This should provide adequate sustenance for the Doctor Who marathon"
-Fat Sarcastic Comic Book Guy

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AFAIK, that's still the only place anyone's seen it mentioned...

------------------
"Flying Thompson's Gazelle of the Yard!"
-Inspector Fox, the Arguement Clinic sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vanguard: I guess there isn't a whole lot we know about this ship...could you write up the text, then, using what little info we have?

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Shadow
USS Trial:
We know very little about this ship, no known registry or class exists. It is not mentioned in either encyclopedias. The only case where the Trial is documented is on the official website. According to the website, the Trial appeared in "Way of the Warrior" on DS9. The episode however does not show any USS Trial, at least prominently. If the Trial is shown it is one of the six ships sent to DS9, as one is the Galaxy class Venture, it can be narrowed down to five. These five includes at least two Excelsiors and one Miranda.

------------------

[This message was edited by USS Vanguard on June 14, 1999.]

[This message was edited by USS Vanguard on June 14, 1999.]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If its one of the six ships sent in "The Way of the Warrior" then it is one of five since we know the Galaxy class ship sent is The Venture.

There are also at least two Excelsior class ships seen, as well as at least one Nebula class ship seen.

Andrew

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a Nebula???

------------------
"Well yeah ok thats just about the most awful thing I've ever seen"

IP: Logged
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

AndrewR, I've added what you said. If someone could get an accurate count of what ships were seen at the end of WotW, please tell me. Also wasn't there a Miranda?

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm I thought there was a Miranda too, but I wasn't sure enough to type it

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

I've checked Star Trek: Expanded and the only ships mentioned in Way of the Warrior that was part of the end fleet was the Venture, two excelsiors and one miranda. No Nebula was mentioned.

------------------

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have reservations about this ship. When I was browsing through the web several months ago, I came upon a web site done by a fan. This web site was an exact duplicate of what is found in the Star Trek web site. I am unable to find that web site now.
IP: Logged
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was no Nebula in WotW. All I can remember are the Galaxy and one or two Excelsiors and Mirandas. It seems unlikely that one of these less prominent ships was labeled "Trial" for the episode, yet, there must be a reason that this ship is listed at startrek.com. Maybe the ship appeared in an early version of the script, something like "Our reinforcements have arrived, including the Venture and the Trial".

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW: Who would name a ship "Trial"? Does not sound encouraging at all.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe someone wanted to call it USS Judge, Jury, and Executioner, but SF Command told them they couldn't, so they picked something close to it... :-)

------------------
"Silence, you contemptible shrew!"
-Stewie, The Family Guy

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps