Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Reliant sketch scans (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Reliant sketch scans
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartmaniac:
To be educated by Simon...

ICEPICK THROUGH THE BRAIN.

In Mexico City and NO ONE noticed he had an Icepick?!?!?! Don't piss off Stalin.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gifbash'd !!

-

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm going to be sick
capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not the effect i was striving for, i assure you
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NIce rendering, Mike....though the ship looks like shit that way.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks better upside down...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....why, you may be on to something there.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope it doesnt shoot torpedoes out of that lower pod...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lower pods. One on each side of the nav dome. So what's the problem?

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice rendering, Cap'n. Just a note, tho: you have the rounded "torpedo" shaped thing from the standard photorp pod there, which is incorrect for the primary concept drawings from the ST:Mag issue. It shows the two outboard pods as basically being the photorp deck area from the Refit "glued" back to back and filled out to more of a rectangular shape. The shape in the background in the one side-view from the image has pretty much got to be a "shadow" to show a possible single, centerline underside pod, as the aft and overhead views don't indicate the shape you portray. The three small hand-drawn images at the upper left of the one pic indicate what they were working towards, which dropped the centrally placed pod down a bit more to allow clearance of the lower sensor array. I'm glad they changed it to two outobard pods, as I feel it flows a bit better than w/on central pod.

Unless of course you were taking some artistic license and added that in. Nevermind if that's what you were goin g for. [Smile] I'd be curious to see a couple othere views, if that's the case.

And please ignore Jason. He was abused by a donkey as a small child and apparently is still being abused by other farm critters to this day.... [Wink]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
And please ignore Jason. He was abused by a donkey as a small child and apparently is still being abused by other farm critters to this day.... [Wink] [/QB]
I've long suspected you were a closet furry, Jeff. [Wink]
Leave me out of those fantasies, please.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Identity Crisis:

The dome on the bottom of the saucer appears to be in the direct sight of fire where the torpedoes come out....as far as it looks on the side-view, that would appear to be a problem judging solely on that...
Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Identity Crisis:

The dome on the bottom of the saucer appears to be in the direct sight of fire where the torpedoes come out....as far as it looks on the side-view, that would appear to be a problem judging solely on that...
Yes, but unless you're not just playing dumb on purpose you'll have realised from the posts in this thread that there are TWO weapons pods, one on the port side and one on the starboard side. When they fire torps they will pass to the port and starboard of the lower nav dome. So no problem.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

capped
Member # 709

yeah, i did a rough trace of a possible front view and found no problem wth the forward firing arc. My sideview shows not the rough sketches from the design, but the refined pencil drawing that had two lower pods.. i made them to match the refit torp pods they resemble, and interpreted the other shape around it to be the 'fin' of the Miranda pod.. so no, my drawing doesnt have anything in the middle of them.
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And please ignore Jason. He was abused by a donkey as a small child and apparently is still being abused by other farm critters to this day....

I thought those pics where photoshopped... hmm...

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps