Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Forthcoming Tech! [ENT Season 3 Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ Forthcoming Tech! [ENT Season 3 Spoilers]
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, the Vulcans were never pinned down.
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were hiding behind cover at the same spot for almost the entire fight, that's pinned down in my books.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got no beef with pointing out the typical lack of interesting or believable tactics on display, but I do think in this particular instance you're mischaracterizing the scene. The Vulcans show up, trade fire with the Coridanians, and then blow them all up in pretty short order.
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they did win, even if no real tactic was involved besides "My gun's bigger than yours", I'll give you that.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

What I was getting at, I guess, was that the very idea of having a selection of weaponry available for different needs was something I liked. Now, perhaps my standards are far too low, but there you are.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Additional info on T'pol's clothes, from an SFX interview. Not directly tech, but uniforms fit into the command structure we've always been wondering about, so...

"She's not going to have her usual uniform," Blalock said to Beaumont Livingston of SFX. "No catsuit. I get to have input into the designs of her outfits and in the design of the wig this time, so I'm very fortunate as an actress, trying to stay absolutely true to her character... they will be ensemble sets instead of a one-piece suit."

Yay!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps