Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Equinox registry

Author Topic: USS Equinox registry
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, yes there are like 50 different Nova/Equinox topics. But when I got this information on the Equinox I decided to make a new one.

According to Mike Okuda in a letter he sent me regarding the Equniox's registry he told me this -

Registry number was NCC-72381.

The quote on the dedication plaque was:

"The night of time far surpasseth the day."
-Sir Thomas Browne, 1658

So maybe this was already revealed in another thread, I'm not going to check all of them to find out. It would take too long. So there you have it though, incase you wanted to know.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

[This message was edited by Hobbes on June 07, 1999.]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How appropriate a quote.

The registry number fits nicely, too.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that registry actually on either the ship or the dedication plaque?

Also, could you post the message itself if possible?

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!" - TMBG

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you give me Okuda's address?
Thanks.

------------------
"This should provide adequate sustenance for the Doctor Who marathon"
-Fat Sarcastic Comic Book Guy

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean the entire letter itself Frank? That was all he said. Though I'm sure it was on both.

Hobbes

------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That puts her launch somewhere in the second half of TNG's season 5 or so...

Oh, and I love that quote. Love it.

------------------
"A Star Wars picture that preaches against greed is a little like Bill Clinton in the pulpit for a chastity-begins-at-home campaign."

-Rex Murphy on Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

[This message was edited by The_Tom on June 07, 1999.]

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Bradbury, with a registry of NX-72307, was operating in 2366.
The USS Equinox, with a registry of NCC-72381, may have been launched after 2366. I am accepting the year 2366 as the lowest point the USS Equinox could have been launched. Considering the data within the episode, I place the USS Equinox's launch as being in 2367.

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, remember that the Sutherland was NCC-72015, and was launched in 2368...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!" - TMBG

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sutherland probably took longer to build

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the stardates being an unrealiable source of information, I have decided to ignore the stardates. I go by information that is provided by the characters, structural details, and a general history of starships-what starships were operational at what time. For the launching date of the USS Equinox, I went by the information provided by the characters and a general history of starships.
IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just talking about this with the Vorlon. . . basically then, the Equinox must have been quite new when it was lost. And the loss of such a new science vessel in the Badlands could contribute to the idea of the area as a no-go section of space.

So it's only a few years later that they decide to risk a new Intrepid-class ship, with its greater manoeuvrability, and gel-pack circuitry to protect it from feedback and interference caused by local conditions.

Oh, and good work, Hobbes. 8)

------------------
"I also received an interesting, if some-what perplexing, note from a 13-year-old lad who asked if I "had a clue." I fear I cannot adequately answer, as I am not aware of any immediate clues at hand; but that is not to say there are none present." - T. Herman Zweibel

Hobbes
Member # 138

Not a prob First One, thanks.

Hobbes

------------------

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the lessons of the Promethius have been learned.

------------------
"In the name of the LORD! We DEMAND entrance to this Sacred CASTLE!!!!"
"No chance, Engleesh bed-wetting types. I brush my temples at you and call your door-opening request a silly thing. You tiny-brained wipers of other-people's bottoms."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps