Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SWDAO - The Space Ship Enterprise

Author Topic: SWDAO - The Space Ship Enterprise
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, the ship seen in The Rec deck in TMP, the space ship enterprise, (the actual ship was going to be for a GR pilot) - OK is this something we can discuss

-What it a Federation Ship?
-Was it a Terran Ship?

Could it travel faster than light

so basically we need a time frame for this ship...

before ZC or after - if after - was it an interstellar craft or merely an interplanetary ship?

Andrew

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say it wasn't a Federation ship, and it doesn't look much like the SS Valiant from late 21st century. Some similarities to the torpedo-look of DY-100 and early romulan designs.

I'd say a Terran vessel, perhaps an early deep space probe out of the system , similar to the Charybdis (DY-500), but larger and more advanced.
That'd put it 21st, or early 22nd century. Perhaps the latter, since ship size seems to have gradually increased with time.

------------------
"In the name of the LORD! We DEMAND entrance to this Sacred CASTLE!!!!"
"No chance, Engleesh bed-wetting types. I brush my temples at you and call your door-opening request a silly thing. You tiny-brained wipers of other-people's bottoms."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Charybdis wasn't said to be DY-500. If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that the SS Enterprise was a Declaration Class Luxury Liner or the early 22nd century, pre-Federation. Of course, this isn't canon, but I did read it somewhere

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was mistaken. I was thinking of the Mariposa from "Up the Long Ladder", a transport ship which I believe was the DY500 I rememebr.

A luxury space liner would explain the evident lack of nacelles. just made for posing around the solar syatem, perhaps.

------------------
"No chance, Engleesh bed-wetting types. I brush my temples at you and call your door-opening request a silly thing. You tiny-brained wipers of other-people's bottoms."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started to write a story a while back in which Cochrane and Sloane would be working on a second warpship in conjunction w/ Vulcan scientists. They were going to call it Enterprise, although they wouldn't tell anyone why... :-)

Anyway, my theory was that that ship would be the one seen in TMP. My rationalization for the odd design was that it was some sort of hybrid between Terran and Vulcan designs. If you think about it, it does look a little (in general shape) like the Apollo class, or, for those of you who refuse to accpet it, the ships at the end of "Unification II". It has the main part in the middle w/ a structure circling that...

------------------
"Bite the wax tadpole."
-translation of Coca-Cola's original Chinese name

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ship was originaly designed for another TV show that Gene Roddenberry was developing but didn't get very far. I have some blueprints of them I picked up through my local Star Trek fan club. (Arg again the need for a good scanner).

Spaceflight Chronology gave some information about this ship. Techically not cannon but one of the people who worked on this book is Rick Sternbach (it was also the first book to call the Upgraded Enterprise a Constitution Class, where everyone else was calling it an Enterprise Class).

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://beam.to/readyroom

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm I like the idea of it being a development in conjunction with the Vulcans!

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

*perks up at mention of blueprints*
Gimme! Gimme!

------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the original Enterprise cross section poster there's a small image of the pre-Federation ship Enterprise. I forgot its launchdate...but I think it was in the late 21st century.

Hobbes

------------------
"You're a groovy baby...baby" - Austin Powers

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew: Could you write up the text for this, keeping in mind what everyone mentioned? Thanks.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps