Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Event horizions form around ALL FTL objects! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Event horizions form around ALL FTL objects!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I just realized that particles indisputably do cross the warp field barrier. Otherwise, the Bussard collectors wouldn't be worth jack.

------------------
"If you hear only one song this year, there's something terribly wrong with you."
-They Might Be Giants, "Critic Intro"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, an object gains relativistc mass, which isn't exactly the same thing as an object's rest mass. (Or invarient mass, a term I just learned. )

At any rate, I have a link which might be helpful.

Does mass change with velocity?

Essentially, it is better to think of an object gaining energy as it approaches C, rather than mass.

Or at least, that's the assumption I've been left with. It's still rather confusing. *lol*

------------------
"It's not my birthday, it's not today. It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me?"
--
They Might Be Giants

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*agrees with Sol's suggestion and considers whether to drop Frank into hyperspace or subspace*
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... How about half-and-half...? :-)

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Half-and-half...
This could be the secret of the Warp 10 flight. But I'm not sure if Frank wants to evolve to a slimy worm.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer skim milk in my M/ARA, personally...

*Suddenly has epiphony*

I've got it! The secret to warp 10 flight is to replace your dilithium crystals with Foldger's crystals!

Of course, then Voyager would be trapped in the Delta Q forever, as Janeway would just make coffee out of them. Seven could even rig up some wierd mugs which you could fill up directly from a tap in the warp core!

*Has mental picture of Janeway filling mug from intermix chamber, taking a sip, and exploding*

Hee hee.

[This message was edited by Omega on June 21, 1999.]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps