Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Mojo on "Borg Encounters" - Tech & Questions (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mojo on "Borg Encounters" - Tech & Questions
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what is the current experience ride - what happens? What do you do? Is/Was it good?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... Vegas is only a 4-5 hour drive from San Diego, CA. Of course I need a new car, but since I've never been to Star Trek The Experience either it would be more reason to make the trip. I'd just rather not make it bymyself prehaps if someone else lived close to me *hint*Proteus*hint*

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to say that Pocket REALLY pissed me off when the "Unseen Frontiers" book Mojo was working on was cancelled, and it is still my hope that we might someday see some other version of his work on it in print.

Because with the exception of "Star Charts" and "Starship Spotter," the world of Trek "nonfiction" is become a barren wasteland.

Yes, I know, it's probably futile.

Although the calendar stuff rocked.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new official website shows some more interesting hints at what's to come, including new Borg flying machines, and what is doubtless a floating Queen in yo' FACE done my Mojo, who has supervised such things before. Really shaping up, I'd say. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Borg drone gooses that blonde woman in the trailer..

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to know people don't wear bras to the opening of these things.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Nice to know people don't wear bras to the opening of these things.

LOL! Classic! Of all the comments! That should be put on the poster as a quote about the 'ride'! [Smile]

Cummon though, since when have women at any Star Trek convention worn bras!?!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of the men should.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A new official TRAILER has been posted. Check it out for some CGI tidbits, including a new Federation starbase fighting a Borg cube!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That starbase looks pretty sweet. Me likey.

I don't care for the poster, though. They had all the actors and stuff right there on the set, but they still did cut and paste jobs, putting heads on bodies in a less than convincing way. I don't understand that.

You can see the poster better here:
http://www.startrekexp.com/images_borg/borginvasion.jpg

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps