Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Tech of the North Star (ENT spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tech of the North Star (ENT spoilers)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no reason to think Enterprise didn't leave all sorts of things behind. Admittedly, we're led to believe the ship has had most of its nonessential equipment removed, but I'm sure they could spare some batteries, at least, and a few things to use them with. For instance, I'd bet some actual anesthetic would come in handy. And a book on germ theory.

I would have liked to see the humans incorporating some small bits of Skagarran technology into their lives. I'm sure they'd have a little trouble maintaining anything complex, having killed all the people who knew how to work it and probably not being too concerned with keeping (probably unreadable, to them) technical manuals around. But, say, something like public notices being displayed on a magic tapestry that can show moving pictures. I don't know.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After the jailbreak, I thought I'd heard the Sheriff say something about "get the __________" which I was hoping was some kind of alien hardware. When it went all slow-mo there, I just figured they had some device to locally speed up time so the Sheriff and Deputy could get to the intersection and shoot the girl. Man that would have been cool. Especially when the MACOs are crawling around trying to avoid slugthrowers. But it was just an editing thing.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crazy late response: I'm pretty sure he just said "Get the 'boys'," where 'boys' could possibly have been their actual names. Or "the others." Something like that.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He actually said "Damn! I hit my "boys"!"
That's why he was limping like that....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps