Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Timetravelling Tech ["Carpenter Street" spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Timetravelling Tech ["Carpenter Street" spoilers]
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But seriously now.. it seems like every alien race and it's neighbour has visited Earth at some time. Are we really that interesting? Preservers, Vulcans, Gary Seven, El-Aurians and possibly even frikkin space-whales.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
...Thus giving Bashir, Kim, Hoshi, or any of the minority characters something to do besides be the subject of expository "what is this, sir?" dialogue.

Except, of course, Bashir had a proper character. And, er, was English.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do I get the feeling that at the end of this story/timeline that Archer will wakeup like Bobby Ewing and it will all have been a dream. Or it will be like the Krenum timeship, where a whole year of Voyager history was erased with one big bang?

This is what happens when you let producers and writers sip the Romulan ale while coming up with story plots.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
frikkin space-whales

lol! What is the true story behind them?

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My opinion on any reset like YoH or as you suggestion possibly this season of Enterprise or even the series.

--- Thick Scottish Accent ---

It's called crap, me lad... CRAP! One hundred percent, straight from the pooper, into the crapper... CRAP!

--- End Accent ---

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
And three police cars seemed a bit like overkill for one loony.

Kidding right?
When I got pulled over for driving without my headlights on (a common mistake) no less that FOUR police cars decided to encircle my car within five minutes my being pulled over by one patrol car.

Besides, the cops had gotten the tip on the victim's location, found the lab set-up and then doubtlessly called for backup: it was some strange shit goin' down and cops rely on the "safety in numbers" principle dispite the shit hollywood buddy films might lead us to believe. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
...and possibly even frikkin space-whales.

Yep, frikkin space whales with frikkin laser beams on their heads!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lasers in their..
Uh. That must have been in the SE.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Or it will be like the Krenum timeship, where a whole year of Voyager history was erased with one big bang?"

It may have been a year on the ship, but it all happened in a single two-part episode. It's not as if they suddenly said "Okay, everything since episode #3 never happened now." or something.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, finally caught an airing of this show, pretty interesting.

"Burgerland"...anyone else notice "have it your way" comment after the-actor-formerly-known-as-Lovok offered T'pol some grease fries? Those crazy writers! [Big Grin]

Anyway, I still find 2004 Detroit to be an odd place to harvest blood types. Why didn't they just disguise themselves as a doctor and nurse and travel back to 19th Century San Franscisco and use the people of that time period and blame it on...oh wait, that's been done before.... [Roll Eyes]

As far as the so called police car overkill, they sure were in and out of there fast. Typically they like to stand around and kick the tires for a while, call in a wrecker to tow the guys car (and possible evidence) away and so on...obviously not in this case. [Confused]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Bad part of town: Boddiker's gang rules there.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cops don't like him...

So he don't like cops... dumbass.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No "I'll buy that for a dollar!" (apparently the be-all and end-all of early-21st-century Detroit humour) wisecrack from Loomis either.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps