Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » DS9 Season 6 DVD screencap request (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DS9 Season 6 DVD screencap request
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone who owns the above & has the power to make screencaps would be so kind, could you please make some 'caps of the crashed U.S.S. Olympia from "The Sound of Her Voice"? Thanks.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go again. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's mostly the STIII Enterprise debris.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the Olympia was Constitution Class!!!!

*not really*

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Here we go again. . .
Yes, here we go again. Your point?

quote:
It's mostly the STIII Enterprise debris.
I'm aware of that. However, I just wanted to get some clearer caps of the wreckage than the lousy ones I found on the 'net years ago.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://home.arcor.de/sisko74205/olympia/

Do you want anything else from Season 6?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My point? Point, singular? How about "Haven't you anything better to do than stare again at a vague picture of some random bits of crap matted into a generic planet vista, when we already know they're mostly just bits of Constitutions and aren't meant to indicate any specific type of ship?" That do for a point?

--------------------

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the pics Spike!

Thanks for mentioning it Dukat. Didn't have pics of Olympia yet.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pathetically pedestrian dreamworld: Constellation!
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

quote:
"Haven't you anything better to do than stare again at a vague picture of some random bits of crap matted into a generic planet vista, when we already know they're mostly just bits of Constitutions and aren't meant to indicate any specific type of ship?"
No, I haven't. So there.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Fine. 8)

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm... is that the dorsal or ventral side of the Connie saucer?

Ship crashed awfully close to that cave. Convenient. But I guess not so convenient as *not* having your vessel ripped apart in the atmosphere of a planet in the first place.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's got to be the dorsal saucer -- you can see the remnants of the bridge section there.

As for the convenience... well, considering that bare starship hulls can sustain massive interstellar radiation and soar close to a star's corona, wouldn't you think it could survive reentry on an Earth-like planet?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it isn't a Connie but something like the kit bash variation for the Dominion War - or the one seen in Bobw wreckage?

Speaking of Season 6 caps - I know someone did a nice page for ATTS... but can we have ones for FTB, SoA and TotP??

Was the Centaur really scene around starbase 375?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is "Ms Jost"?

And pick the 3 Trek references in the "about me" page:

quote:
"I am beginning my 15th year of teaching. Along the way I have taught 16 to 18 year old incarcerated boys at Riker's Island. After 9 years, I thought I might need a change. I worked at an academic high school in New York City before coming to Yorktown High School. I have been teaching the Math A curriculum since its inception in 1999. My degrees include a BBA-Math/ Computer Science from Pace University; Adelphi University, MA; Baruch College; SAS/SDA program."
[Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps