Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Encyclopedia 3 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Encyclopedia 3
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: He might have added that in later. As you can see, his message was edited...

As for their deadlines... Why the hell would they have a deadline before the end of the season?! Do they really think we're so stupid as to want the book early, whether it's missing such a crapload of information or not?! I'm quite certain just about everyone here would rather wait a couple months than be missing all that! *fumes@publishers*

------------------
"I ran into Charlie Fogg.
He blacked my eye, and he kicked my dog.
My dog turned to me, and he said,
'Let's head back to Tennessee, Jed.'"
-The Grateful Dead, "Tennessee Jed"

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Hobbes for providing context.
IP: Logged
chaz147
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The encyclopedia was originally due out in June, I think. If they pushed it back, why didn't they include info up until the end of the season? Those shows were probably finished by April, or early May. Also, wasn't there some talk about six months or so ago about a book that listed ships? It was posted on one of the old forums, something like a ship identification guide (does anyone else remember this?). Finally, does anyone know if there are any new Jackill books or blueprints out? I haven't been to a convention in over a year, that's where Iusually see them
IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sternbach has repeatedly said we'll see a Voyager TM before we see a Ships of Trek book, largely due to the absolutely titanic amount of time that would have to be put into a ships book. I can see where he's coming from.

Additionally, he's muttered something about a 10th anniversary edition of the TNGTM for 2001 with color illustrations and new stuff on the Sovereign. Now there's something I could sink my teeth into...

------------------
"A Star Wars picture that preaches against greed is a little like Bill Clinton in the pulpit for a chastity-begins-at-home campaign."

-Rex Murphy on Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: It has little to do with the publisher, I'll wager, and everything to do with the printer. Simply, putting out a book is hard work. They want to release it close to the holiday season, and because of that they have a very limited timeframe in which to work.

------------------
"Gone savage for teenagers with automatic weapons and boundless love."
--
Soul Coughing

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
chaz: I spoke to a couple of folks at the last convention I went to, and they informed me that Jackill has "dropped off the face of the Earth" since publication of Volume 3. Apparently there was a divorce, and a new job, ad he doesn't seem to be doing anything trek-related anymore. Pity.

I was one of the folks talking about a ship ID guide, but there doesn't seem to be any new progress in that area, AFAIK.

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's liek what they did with the micro-machines. When they came out with the second set, they put one new one with two old ones so you had to buy three just to get one you didn't have.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps