Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Mr. Okuda says.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mr. Okuda says....
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd Johnson is right!

I always said it was a -G, and that it looked like it said 'seventh' - which contradict each other. I don't know whether to be happy I was right, or pissed at them for what looks like a sloppy mistake.

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is somewhat unrelated....but have we ever heard Captain Braxton's first name?
IP: Logged
bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was launched from a University?!!!!!

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #1 : Always try to help a friend redeem himself from a past mistake.

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Relativity could be operating under the auspices of the University of Copernicus, like the SS Columbia. The SS Columbia operated under the auspices of the American Continental Institue.
IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it says seventh SHIP to bear the name - not TIME ship or STAR ship - SHIP - I noticed this cause of the space ship enterprise SWADO thread - since that ship with the ring from the rec deck is a space ship not a STAR ship...

so this Relativity thing might have its basis even BEFORE Star Trek - quick go out and call your boat the Relativity *grin*

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but that would still make it more than the seventh ship. From what we know of the registry suffix system, there would presumably have been a USS Relativity, USS Relativity-A, USS Relativity-B, USS Relativity-C, USS Relativity-D, USS Relativity-E, USS Relativity-F, and USS Relativity-G. Count 'em. There're eight of 'em.

------------------
"I ran into Charlie Fogg.
He blacked my eye, and he kicked my dog.
My dog turned to me, and he said,
'Let's head back to Tennessee, Jed.'"
-The Grateful Dead, "Tennessee Jed"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh sorry TSN, I wasn't arguing your point - I agree it should be eight - I was making a different point, i.e. usually plaques say e.g. 10th STARSHIP to bear the name Yadda Yadda. not just ship, that means they are maybe including starships, spaceships, seaships, airships, lavaships AND timeships!?!

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Well, I don't know about those other ones, but I would guess that the reason for the word "ship" is indeed the fact that it is a timeship, rather than a starship. Same reason it's NCV, not NCC.

------------------
"I ran into Charlie Fogg.
He blacked my eye, and he kicked my dog.
My dog turned to me, and he said,
'Let's head back to Tennessee, Jed.'"
-The Grateful Dead, "Tennessee Jed"

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody have and starboard and/or dorsal views of the ship yet?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps