Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Forgotten Tech! (aka Turning Point Tech!) ["The Forgotten" Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ Forgotten Tech! (aka Turning Point Tech!) ["The Forgotten" Spoilers]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pensive's Wetness:
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:

-- The transdimensional aliens (Sphere Builders) evolved under a "completely different set of physical laws than those of this dimension," yet they still have two arms and two legs and a bipedal, humanoid body plan... [Roll Eyes]

Your assuming then on their dimention, that they are also bipeds? It could simply be a a form they use to help gain the trust of the xindi (would you trust a big blob of goo that was telling you someone else was gonna kill em?
Fuck: Now I have to re-think my entire life.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Updates, after reviewing the closed-caption log:

-- The repair teams managed to get into sections 6 and 7 on C-deck, where they found Crewman Taylor and another casualty, Kamata. They were the last two crewmembers to be accounted for.

-- Reed had gotten both forward phase cannons and the aft torpedo launcher up and running. Hull plating is at 80%

-- Phlox's imaging chamber is down becuase Malcolm reassigned the repair team working in sickbay to the armory, which he considered a higher priority.

-- The coolant leak occurred in an auxiliary line between sections 12 and 14 on E-deck due to a microfracture in the magnesium jacket surrounding it.

-- Leader of the Xindi-Reptilian bioweapon operation from "Carpenter Street" was named Damron.

-- Temperatures to which Reed was exposed when his EV suit failed to compensate ranged from 44 to 46 degrees. (Centigrade, naturally.)

-- Ensign Marcel was another of the 18 casualties. Taylor's first name was Jane.

-- Degra describes the Xindi-Aquatics as "somewhat enigmatic," but if they are swayed then a majority of the Xindi Council will be on Archer's side.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
[QB]
-- Degra describes the Xindi-Aquatics as "somewhat enigmatic," but if they are swayed then a majority of the Xindi Council will be on Archer's side.

Which was rather strange, IMHO, since the Aquatics have seemingly already helped Degra once by dropping Archer off. Of course, this could just be the reason they are 'enigmatic'.

It also struck me that we haven't seen Insectoids in a while... although the promo for the upcoming eps do show them.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a technical comment, but I had a hard time buying the ease with which Archer convinced certain Xindi to not only help him out a bit, but actually fire on one of their own ships. Dramatic conventions necessary for a one hour show, OK, sure, I guess. But still. The Xindi Council argued in all their appearences, but what governmental body doesn't, from time to time?

In other words, while I enjoy the idea of a deep political rift being opened (or rather, re-opened), there would seem to me to be a certain distance between holding covert peace talks and starting a civil war that didn't get enough examination, for my tastes.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get the feeling that Councilman-Sloth was pretty tired of the Councilman-Reptile's attitude so there'd be no biiig objection from him.

Hey! Councilman Reptile is dead!
Someone's gonna notice at the next council meeting for certain.

I think that Earth's salvation might come at the expense of Xindi unity.
...unless they replace Councilman-Reptile with that good Sleestack rrom Land of The Lost.
Man, he was cool.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

He Who Shall Not Be Named as ked that I post this for him:

""Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane played a background engineer in the episode. Yeah."

I'll have to go watch that episode again (though, I have no idea what McFarlane looks like).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
He Who Shall Not Be Named as ked that I post this for him:

""Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane played a background engineer in the episode. Yeah."

I'll have to go watch that episode again (though, I have no idea what McFarlane looks like).

-
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Now we need a screenshot of him in engineering.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh details.... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Thank you for the first shot, BYW, FG. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps