Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Drake

Author Topic: USS Drake
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Destroyed in "The Arsenal of Freedom" (c. 2363), the Wambundu-class starship USS Drake, NCC2-0388 was commanded by Captain Paul Rice.

But there's also a USS Drake that arrived on DS9 in 2372 or 3 in "Apocalypse Rising" with damage and wounded crewmen.

Now, the Encyclopaedia 2 has these as being the same ship, which would appear to be impossible. The reason I bring it up, though, is that the fate of the Drake in "TAoF" always seemed rather vague. A wooden holographic projection of its captain doesn't necessarily mean the ship really was destroyed. . . Thoughts?

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The holographic projection of Captain Rice used the term is. This indicated to Riker that the ship is still intact.
IP: Logged
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noooo!

The Wambundu Drake was blown away by one of the drones. The Drake at DS9 is another ship. The Encycloaedia is misdraken.

It also neglects to list the Lollipop...

------------------
"I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to recall that being an error in the Drake entry...I'll check again later to see what we know about the new Drake.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!" - TMBG

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, in the ship list, the Drake attacked by Klingons is Andromeda-class, NCC-70956.

Hey, wait...that number ought to be more fuel for the registry number debate, considering this Drake was launched in late first season TNG at the very least...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!" - TMBG

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Drake and the USS Equinox share the same last three digits-381.
IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what does that have to do w/ anything? Absolutely nothing! ;-)

Anyway, the Andromeda-class ship may have been sitting half-constructed in a drydock somewhere, and never got launched until after the Drake was destroyed. Therefore, the registry doesn't really conflict w/ anything...

------------------
"I ran into Charlie Fogg.
He blacked my eye, and he kicked my dog.
My dog turned to me, and he said,
'Let's head back to Tennessee, Jed.'"
-The Grateful Dead, "Tennessee Jed"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps