Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Tech-minus four, three, two... (ENT:"Countdown" spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Tech-minus four, three, two... (ENT:"Countdown" spoilers)
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about "The Tech-ing Clock!"? [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More of a Zero Hour-Spoiler, but did anyone else spot the Midas array in the promo for next week's episode? Another ship fires at it (it's right after the bit with T'Pol).
Maybe it's supposed to be some sort of orbital defense system?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I never realized that the Midas array was over two hundred years old... [Wink]

As for Starship Freak's initial question:

Xindi ships-

1. Reptilian = Son'a-like ship
2. Humanoid(primate) = Degra's ship & the ROTJ speederbike-like ship
3. Arboreal = ship formerly used by the Arkonians
4. Insectoid = three-pronged ship
5. Aquatics = new, very large, WhiteStar-like ship

One has to wonder though...if the Xindi become members of the Federation, and their ships & tech are way ahead of Earth's then why do Federation Starfleet ships tend to look like Pre-federation Earth ships?

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who knows? Vulcan technology is better too, but you don't see Vulcan designs in Starfleet
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it turns out that they were using Hoshi to figure out the Aquatic launch code.

Also, Major Hayes died during the rescue. A Reptilian fired a weapon through him just as he was beaming out. It was hard to tell what kind of damage it caused. When he materialized, he immediately grabbed his chest and fell down, but it didn't look like there was any external wound. However, when he was dying in sickbay, there was a big blood-spot on the front of his shirt.

Apparently, the Xindi Weapon has a pretty strong shell. On the way to Earth, the Insectoids starting expressing dissent, so the Reptilians fired on their ship, and it crashed into the Weapon, with no apparent damage thereto.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After your little lashing at me for forgetting a cool line, I�m almost afraid to ask a following-up question [Wink] Ok, so the whitestar is aquatic, but these little darlings at bottom left?
aquatic?
Also:
humanoid speederbike?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the gold-colored ships across the middle of that first picture are Arboreal, and the two silver winged ones are Aquatic.
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, someone actually changed my title. I realize I wasn�t as witty as all of you guys, but I just didn�t think of it actually. Have any moderator actually changed a title before this? Why this particular thread, so it can comform? Do I have to ask permission for my title next time I want to post a thread so I don�t offend someone by not paying attention or being smart?

And you, whoever you are, since it was so important to you, at least change it so it looks like all the others! You forgot these little buggers: $$

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was Tim, who we have successfully turned to the Dark SideTM!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Tim, it�s not to late, Tim, I am your father
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

--------------------

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
One has to wonder though...if the Xindi become members of the Federation, and their ships & tech are way ahead of Earth's then why do Federation Starfleet ships tend to look like Pre-federation Earth ships?

Maybe the end of season 3 of Enterprise stopped or interrupted their technological progress, and Earth and the others had time to catch up. Furthermore, we don't know when they joined the Federation. Maybe it wont happen until after the TNG era. So, even with the Xindi evolving at a normal rate, a multi-racial alliance could progress much more quickly over the course of a century or more.
And keep in mind that we haven't seen Zero Hour yet. Only Future Guy knows what could possibly happen to them... [Wink]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B&B are future guy!?

[Razz]

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"You forgot these little buggers: $$"

No I didn't.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

"No I didn�t" - Uhmmm, ok, so I don�t see them because you left them out on purpose?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Your deductive skills are the stuff of legends, sir.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps