Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » San Francisco 1945-2380, et cetera (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: San Francisco 1945-2380, et cetera
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't have said it better myself.
MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, talk about understatement. [Big Grin]

Marian

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pardon my delays, but:

http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWcities.html

Let me know what you think.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's GREAT That Sydney and Melbourne weren't directly mentioned as cities, but Brisbane was! WOO! [Smile] BUT! We've had the Starships - Sydney Class and the U.S.S. Melbourne.

I'm sure there was also an episode where they mentioned Perth. Or maybe that was Kill Bill Vol. 2? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About your list, might be nice to separate it into the different shows. And what about ships named after places? The Sao Paulo's dedication plaque specifically says it's named for the people of Brazil. Of course that could mean there isn't a Sao Paulo anymore. . !

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that would have been great if the Xindi weapon destroyed Sao Paulo along with parts of Florida.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps it'll get destroyed in the Unnamed Prequel Movie.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

please let there not be an "Unnamed Prequal Movie" The whole Starfleet Academy idea sucks before it's even begun.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We sure could use a prequal movie about star trek nazis versus romans though.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
Well that would have been great if the Xindi weapon destroyed Sao Paulo along with parts of Florida.

How could it do that? I already find it hard to believe that it could have reached Venezuela. As I've already pointed out in the past (not here, mind you), when we last saw the beam it was just leaving Cuba, and it was going in the direction of Colombia. And a mere instant later, the probe was destroyed. In order to reach Venezuela, the beam would have had to rapidly accelerate and change direction in those few instants between when we switch from the beam on the surface to the sphere in orbit and when the sphere is destroyed and the beam ceases.

Of course, there are other possible explanations: Cuba may have become a part of Venezuela by the 22nd Century, or Starfleet personnel are complete dumbasses when it comes to world geography...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they certainly don't know anything about San Fransisco.

Did you see what I just did there? I brought the thread back on-topic. How smooth was that?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VERY GOOD BUT THREAD NOT HIT BACK
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps