Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » My Bounty VFX vidcap measurements (movies)

Author Topic: My Bounty VFX vidcap measurements (movies)
Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got a bunch of images and did measurements of the Bounty as it appears in the movies. It looks like the ship *is* about 50 meters long. The page is not official yet.

http://ms.anet.cz/~ibctel/bop2.htm

Boris

------------------

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlike you, Boris, I was worrying about the poor whales

http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/temp/bop-whales.gif

It could work, provided that the whole tail section is nothing but a cargo bay. Note that behind the whale's tail flipper there's only a few meters left for the impulse drive.

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about them - just been lazy to check out your worries .

Note that I just corrected the measurement of the "gem" pic - there's that cloaking device rim which comes before the big rim, and if we examine the details (such as the two parallel windows on the far left of my photo), it is clear that they are standing on the cloaking rim. A 60m size is thus more likely, even if the Vulcan pic of 30m length is still bothersome.

So we know that the cargo bay is about 60 feet or 18 meters long from Scotty's estimate, and we know the size of the whales. That's a funny image Maybe the whale should be a bit further down, though - if you take a look at my revised markings, the bridge deck level should become apparent. Below that, there may be a deck or two.

Does anyone have the SciPubTech poster by any chance?

Boris

------------------

[This message was edited by Boris on June 10, 1999.]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps