Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST: Original Excelsior Bridge (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: REQUEST: Original Excelsior Bridge
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh.

Okay, so I'm a newbie.

I join Flare and start newbiing around and I am thinking about the Excelsior bridge in TSFS. Why? God only knows.

I hop into the S&T thread and there, as plain as day, is a thread called REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17, a 250 post-pushing thread that has been within the top 5 topics of S&T forum all summer/winter.

[I just can't see how the latter can be justified with what is found in the former...]

Seeing that topic title, in itself, even at first glance, would require neither reading every single post ever in Flare, much less needing to use the search feature, much less posting a thread with a nearly identical title/topic! It's understandable if it was discussed a year ago in a completely unrelated thread, but my God...this is worthy of a stick in the eye.

P.S. Pictures are on the way if you still haven't managed to read the above aforementioned thread.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Kasterborous
Member # 1356

- posted      Profile for Kasterborous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't interested in screencaps, though. I was by far more interested in plans or blueprints. Which that thread doesn't explicitly mention. In fact I find screencaps to be a poor way of imagining a bridge layout. I added it as an afterthought. I'd much rather have schematics. Which that thread doesn't explicitly mention. Which would explain why it didn't grab my attention. Because the thread title didn't mention what I was after.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure we discussed plans of that bridge early on in that thread, and, as I recall, there don't seem to be any around. I remember people referencing comic book pictures and what not.

I've already read the thread, so I'm not going back through it.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is overhead shots based on caps in the works, that has been explicitly mentioned.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Definitive

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps