Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Possible New Fighter from WYLB (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Possible New Fighter from WYLB
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is, but I think you're looking too high. I was talking about the two green splotches between the Jem'Hadar fighters on the last posted pic.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah...I hve a dark monitor....had to brighten things to see those.
They look like jemmie bugs : just blurred and darker (to me).

I really cant imagine the VFX teams made new ship designs (or even used the Rom-about) without shouting it from the rafters for all to hear.
The STTM would have probably noted it or Eaves at least (if he designed it).

I was thinking there might be easter eggs in there though (SW ships and the like).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "surely they didn't make new designs" argument is a potentially good one . . . but I don't see any way around the idea that those aren't something we saw before for any of these fleets.

They could've been designs intended for something else, or modified Voyager designs, or something Jim-Bob made in his spare time . . . what-have-you.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. But it's no bug. I've enlarged the first image, the ship just "behind" the phaser beam. Notice that the ship is green, not purple (or blue for that matter, if it's close enough to the phaser beam).
 -

Could it be a tactical fighter with some strange lighting/shadow effects?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Duranium Horse
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Must be a frigate, notice the similarities. The only problem seems to be where the wings (outlined) show up on the screenshot. The green lights, and elongated nose with curved upper section running the length of the ship are visibly similar.

IP: Logged
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is your large pic there a screen capture? Very clear shot of a very ugly ship...

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Duranium Horse:
Must be a frigate, notice the similarities.

It doesn't work.

1. The scale is wrong, though I grant that Stipes smoked crack and could've let this slip through. However, presuming that he is innocent of cracksmoking until proven guilty, the scale is wrong.
2. The image you've used for comparison is part of the shot. However, the selected image ignores the symmetry I showed by use of a better-lit vessel at another angle. The same long section is there which you point to as being the center of the Breen ship, but there is a similar object on the opposite lateral side (though, due to its position, it does not reflect as much light).

--------------------

Duranium Horse
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The large image is a publicity photo from EAS.

-
Although the long sections appear to be the same I agree that this image shows the scale to be way off. I still think it's the Breen frigate since no one has come up with another ship that it could be.

IP: Logged
MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, and in Star Trek they never rescale an existing model when they need a new ship.
[Big Grin]

Marian

This random sig quote is brought to you by the Star Wars Galaxies forums:
"Tying those lekku in knots keeps that darned talking behind your back under control. This will also help to prevent them from whipping about in heavy winds..someone could lose an eye that way."
-Esharra, 09-22-2004 08:06 AM

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps