Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Galaxy 2-footer model

Author Topic: Galaxy 2-footer model
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard from a friend that issue #4 of Starlog Press' old Star Trek: The Next Generation Official Magazine (1988) has images of an Enterprise-D miniature that looks like the two-footer. Details on the miniature shown in the magazine apparently differ in a lot of ways from the six-footer, but the model looks too "finished" to be a mere study model.

Does anyone have access to that issue and a scanner?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a two footer....in my pants. [Wink]

...sorry: too easy.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don�t take this the wrong way, but never ever post a scan of THAT ;-)

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, have no fear... he'd never find a scanner with a high enough resolution. B)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He'd model it to make it bigger... 1/2500th scale [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cartman gets a point for geekiness iwth his "scanner resolution" gag but Andrew gets the penny for bringing up "2500th scale".

What's this thread about again?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Actually, just me wanting to see the two-footer galaxy model. To see what was different to the six-footer...Ah, well..

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

If you get the pic and there really are obvious diffrences, photoshop "USS Trinculo" on it and pass it off as authentic evidence of the "non-ship". [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps