Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Logitech! ["The Forge" Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Logitech! ["The Forge" Spoilers]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very very cool. This is what we like to see! [Big Grin]

I enjoyed the actor who played Soval's... ACTING during the meld scene - he took on a distinctl human-like quality in the way he was speaking - i.e. the guy's normal thoughts - quite a contrast to his normal Vulcan speech - well done.

Also - did anyone notice the harp music during the mind meld scene... very much like that in TOS.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, finally got to see it! [Smile] [Smile]

At the end there, there was a very similar feel to it as was at the end of "Unification, I" , I was half expecting Spock to suddenly walk out of the shadows and say: "Indeed. You have found him, Captain Picard."

Anyway, looks like next week Enterprise is going to get spanked by a combat cruiser(?)!!! [Smile]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's quite interesting that they have the rank of Corporal in Starfleet now. Perhaps they've incorporated the MACOs in, while the NX-01 was in the Expanse. Starfleet is the new Homeland Security department. . . 8)

Good episode. Lots of political stuff, might finally start to see the Vulcans beoming the way we're used to them. It's good that Soval has lost a lot of the asshole act, maybe they will use him to replace Forrest's role in the show, not that he really needed to be replaced.

Anone see the bombed Embassy and think of the Oklahoma City bombing?

Also. . . this:

http://stenterprise.fotki.com/the_forge/6.html

At about two o'clock from the United Earth logo, doesn't that look just like the Starfleet arrowhead? I'm sure it's just an optical illusion, you can see two more similar chevrons at one o'clock and ten o'clock, but it would be telling if the Starfleet logo (originally the Enterprise logo) turned out to be based on a Vulcan symbol! Even if there is a sideays version of it already on the Starfleet Command patch.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said, I'd say it's a fair bet that Askwith was supposed to be a MACO, but the wardrobe people mistakenly gave him a SF uniform. After all, it's been pretty well established ("The Expanse," et. al.) that the MACOS are Earth's actual military at this point, not SF. And don't you usually see military officers from a country guarding their embassies?

And I just highly doubt that Coto, the Reeves-Stevensons, or anyone else intended to add "Corporal" to the SF rank structure. It just don't make no sense!

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Also. . . this:

http://stenterprise.fotki.com/the_forge/6.html

It's dead, Jim.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird. Still works for me, and this is on a different PC.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Link worked for me, too.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he means that IT is DEAD. As in "the embassy was set up the bomb". Humans are so illogical.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
Member # 393

I see. So your contention is that, while I posted a link to an image which was then followed by a paragraph outlining my motives in posting the link, he has instead chosen to concentrate exclusively on my posting the image, and he then feels compelled to mention that the structure featured in the image subsequently suffered catastrophic bomb damage?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Around here, you can never be sure...
Lee
Member # 393

I therefore nominate FG's "Embassy go BOOM!!!" for the Least Useful Comment Not Posted By Wes Award. 8)

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Cool. [Cool]

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Anyone notice that the blue piping on T'Pol's outifts are apparently part of her "uniform"? It's on her desert outfit, which was apparently Vulcan standard issue.

-Also, the shots of Enterprise orbiting Vulcan seemed to be consistently dorsal-side facing the surface. It's oddly consistent, as usually it's side-on (and changing within that episode, even if they're all new VFX shots).

-The explosion of the embassy was pretty cool - we see the glass blowing out before the first shoots out the top of the building, which is another Trek first in terms fo detail. The walls of the interior look interesting, though. I'm reminded of the funky designs of the E-J corridors. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
Member # 393

It was interesting to see that Vulcan does have large modern cities.

Who, when designing a desert outfit, makes the shirt skin-tight with a tight zip-up collar?

Those shots in orbit of Vulcan were strange. Perhaps they had to be in a polar orbit or something. More likely they just took some ordinary shots of the NX-01 and added the planet and gave everything a refelcted red glow.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's now an Enterprise patch on T'Pol's uniform.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps