Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Bozeman sketches

Author Topic: USS Bozeman sketches
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have the sketches of the USS Bozeman from the Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Continuing Mission? I want to see what the producers or artists had in mind before reusing the USS Reliant model.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I had it but I cannot find it.

Though I do remember that the ship on the sketch was called the USS Courageous and had the registry NCC-1861.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were no Bozeman sketches in that book about an alternate to the Miranda Class. There was only the one mentioned above in which a fan publication top view Miranda was doodled over to show where the sensor pods might go.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I want to see what the producers or artists had in mind before reusing the USS Reliant model.
What they had in mind was that they were going to have the Bozeman be a TOS-style Constitution class, I suppose because they wanted the Old Trek Ship/New Trek ship kinda meeting. However, they deemed it cost-prohibitive at the time to build a brand-new TOS Connie model (and bridge set) for just one episode, so they had Greg Jein adapt the Reliant model, & just used the movie Enterprise bridge, which I think still existed at the time. I'm not sure that the ship would have been named "Bozeman" if they actually did use a Connie, though.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They just kept trying to get a Constitution on TNG, didn't they?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I remember, they used photocopies directly from Ships of the Star Fleet.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. It's the Courageous schematics, with some crudely drawn sensor pods attached to it.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
However, they deemed it cost-prohibitive at the time to build a brand-new TOS Connie model (and bridge set) for just one episode, so they had Greg Jein adapt the Reliant model, & just used the movie Enterprise bridge, which I think still existed at the time.
The Battle Bridge was a redress of the movie Enterprise bridge.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not this one. The Bozeman bridge was a re-dress of one of their "swing" sets, and while it used a small number of elements from the movie Enterprise bridge set, it was almost completely different. This particular set has been seen as the SECOND Enterprise-D battle bridge (the first was mostly the movie set), the Pasteur, the Hathaway, the E-C, and others.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bozeman Bridge did have more TOS - motifs to the bridge though.

Screen Caps anyone?

Maybe it was one of the first refit/reuniformed ships out of Spacedock maybe even while most were still in that TMP 'pyjama look'?

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Not this one. The Bozeman bridge was a re-dress of one of their "swing" sets, and while it used a small number of elements from the movie Enterprise bridge set,

Huh. I always thought it was the same set, just modified over time (especially since the movies no longer required the "original" movie bridge after the third movie).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not exactly... With the first incarnation of the battle bridge all they did was use the aft third of the original set with the lighting grid they had overhead, building the other two thirds new. In the second season, the aft third was partially rebuilt (adding the inward-sloping upper bulkheads and removing the turbolift alcoves) in time for its use in episodes like "Measure of a Man" as the courtroom, modified again to be the lab in "Pen Pals", and once more to move the floor down and replace the rest of the walls in time to be the Hathaway bridge in "Peak Performance". By the time it showed up the following season as Data's lab, the Enterprise-C bridge, etc., there really wasn't much left of the original set.

This should help illustrate what I'm saying:

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/bridges/enterprise-refit-bridge.jpg

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/bridges/ed-battlebridge.jpg

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/bridges/enterprise-c-bridge.jpg

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps