Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Fuel for the Cochrane discussion

Author Topic: Fuel for the Cochrane discussion
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not restarting the old debate "8000 vs. 59318". But I noticed a ship with the latter registry - an Oberth - to be the ship that brought Wesley to the Enterprise in "The Game". The ship wasn't identified and it looked a lot like stock footage, but the number is relatively crear. I'll do a screenshot later.

Did anyone ever notice that before?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here they are. I increased the brightness because the image is, even with that setting at maximum, quite dark on my PC (contrary to my TV where you can make out every digit clearly.)

Full scene screenshot:  -

Oberth, closer:
 -

Closeup of the tail registry:
 -

Like I said, it much better on TV, so either you believe me or you check it out if you have the DVDs. [Smile]

(BTW, is there a good screenshot tool that does higher resolution screengrabs than good old WinDVD? I tried Hypersnap and some others, but they all have problems saving the image. I usually just get a black screen where the image should be.)

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the discussion about NCC number in another thread that suggested they may be (If I understood correctly) related to starship construction order instead of solely related to class order. So you could have older class ships with higher registry numbers because those particular starships were built after the newer starships.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's stock footage of from "The Drumhead." Yes, it's the Cochrane, and yes, the number is NCC-59318. That same number was given for the ship on a display in "In the Pale Moonlight" (DS9). Spike verified this quite some time ago as well. Whoever originally thought it was NCC-8000 simply read it wrong or made it up or something.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps