Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SWDAO: Thunderchild Registry

Author Topic: SWDAO: Thunderchild Registry
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Thunderchild was an Akira-class starship seen in the battle in Star Trek: First Contact. It is also the only ship whose registry is even remotely visible. It appears to say NCC-63549, and this was borne out by the Encyclopaedia 2. However, when the Star Trek Fact Files came out, this number was assigned to another ship while the Thunderchild was NCC-65549.

In this case, I don't think there can be any question: the NCC-63549 registry is correct. We've thought of it as that for 2 and a half years, and to rethink it just because of the Fact Files, probably the least canon of the maybe-canon sources, is ridiculous.

Final Proof. Of course, this could be the other ship, but it's been generally assumed it was the Thunderchild.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well to me if the Star Trek Encyclopedia says one thing, but Fact Files something different, I'll believe the Encyclopedia. I admit it isn't flawless, but a far more official source than Fact Files.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------
Evil moonbase: $50,000,000.00 Giant laser: $100,000,000.00 Perfect 1/8 size clone: Priceless.
For everything else there's...Austin Powers.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps