Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SWDAO: Eye of the Beholder (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SWDAO: Eye of the Beholder
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following ships were seen in TNG's Eye of the Beholder on personnel files.
Philadelphia,
Syracuse,
Pueblo,
Silversides,
Beaver.

There isn't much argument on the subject but many have yet to place them in their ship lists.
Technically not a SWDAO, but it was one of the topics FrankG mentioned.

------------------
"This should provide adequate sustenance for the Doctor Who marathon"
-Fat Sarcastic Comic Book Guy

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People normally wouldn't be aware of the origin of these ships, which is why it needs to be explained.

BTW, I ordered a "Eye of the Beholder" tape a few days ago, so I'll check it myself and see which ships were actually listed.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Let's get those missiles ready to destroy the universe!" - TMBG

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully you have a good TV, there were a whole lot more ships, but only those were even semi visable.

------------------

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

Hey, I'm a member!

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the ships above do exist:

Philadelphia, Syracuse
Silversides
Beaver, Pueblo

There were others earler in the episode, but they were unreadable, even on a 35in TV.

------------------

[This message was edited by The Shadow on June 12, 1999.]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say it's conclusive then. . . typical use of nearly all American-based names, though. B(

*adds them to ship list*

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone notice that Lt. Cwan's assignments to the 3 ships are on the same stardates?

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

That's nothing. Look at the birthdates.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Vanguard: Since these definitely exist, could you write up the text about the ships? Thanks.

------------------
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh... That doesn't look like "Beaver" to me. It looks one letter too long. Either that, or there's something funky about the A or the V.

------------------
"Have plenty of minions."
-Darth Vader parody of the "Sunscreen Song"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I looked at the first picture, and the guy in Command red has a collar - weren't these pics of the E-D crew? and also that is how they could be assigned to several ships at once - they were working on these ships in the fleet yards.

------------------
"I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die, while you discuss this invasion in a committee" Queen Amidala - Star Wars: Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

USS Philadelphia, Syracuse, Silversides, Pueblo,Beaver:
First brought to our attention by Ken Justin(sp?), and later by others, these ships were all seen in the TNG episode "Eye of the Beholder"(seventh season) in various personnel file o-grams. The names are quite clear, however the stardates that are assigned with them all seem to be the same. The episode also showed several other ships, but these were unreadable.
Only other notable information is that the USS Beaver (possibly USS Seaview) might be a different name, though this has yet to be verified.
------------------

[This message was edited by USS Vanguard on June 14, 1999.]

[This message was edited by USS Vanguard on June 15, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever happened to Ken, anyway?

------------------
"According to myth, the earth was created in six days. Now watch out! Here comes Genesis. We'll do it for you in six minutes."
--
Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be the letters "VA" are italics instead of straight?

BEAVER

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

[This message was edited by Bernd on June 15, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Actually, when I checked the tape again, the V did look slanted.

------------------
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps