Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Weapons of a TOS Constitution (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Weapons of a TOS Constitution
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hold me.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The shuftie in the second one makes no sense though, since it translates to "unless it's 15inch, I'd look up 1024 x 768."

Also, "mate".

Also, Lee is not one to talk. "Dogbert asks to have a look at ity."

Also, why do some old posts contain the sigs that people were using at the time, and why do some use the sigs that are being used by them now? I did like that Trey Parker one, though.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The amusing thing is, that little discussion used to come up quite prominently (probably still does) in any web searches for mentions of RJW (who I haven't worked for for four years; at one time that thread was embargoed for me by Charles to save my job). They did actually do a proper website in the end, which I ended up maintaining - and then quit when I was told in my appraisal that such work wouldn't be taken into consideration because it wasn't in my job description. They've re-done it since then. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, I have no idea why I'd choose that singature. It means absolutely nothing to me. No feeling of recognition, no emotional connection, it doesn't even seem funny deprived of whatever context Lileks used it in.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you just had a thing for nipples.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

Mmm. . . unlikely. You're a complete tit, and I don't feel anything for any part of you!

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Pft. You wouldn't know what to do with me if you had me.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

That much is true. . .

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You wouldn't know what to do with me if you had me."

Liam, dear, I know you think so, but, really, you are no different down there than any other tit. Smaller, maybe, but not different. B)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go with the gay shit...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not gay, just British.

By the way, what the hell does "shuftie" mean, anyway? And is it a word I should incorporate in my day-to-day vocabulary to confuse my mom?

Lee
Member # 393

"To have a shufty/ie" means "to have a look," essentially. I'm uncertain of the origin of the word. May be rhyming slang, may be not.

--------------------

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Not gay, just British.

Same Difference.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As of this moment, I hereby replace "looksie" with "shuftie" in my vocabulary when speaking to my mother. I anticipate humor results including incredulous stares, rolling eyes, and being written out of the will.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's some pretty sketchy activity.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps