Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sitak's registry number ("Sacrifice of Angels" [DS9]) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sitak's registry number ("Sacrifice of Angels" [DS9])
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It irks me more knowing that the people who made the shots would be bitching (and probably do) in exactly the same way we are just for the sake of saving a bit orf money.

OK, so VFX and SFX are expensive to make, but surely they can't have run out of money? Or you'd think that for the finale, which was very SFX and therefore budget heavy, they'd have made some sort of decision to put a bit of cash aside.

They could have lost those crappy inserts where a federation ships corridor blows up then the klingon one and the romulan one (or whatever). They looked shit anyway.

GRRRRR! Ten years of pent up rage!

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reckon people now could redo the effects at home. This is your next project people!! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(still under the weather) Thread Revive. Never stops the chuckles...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feel better! [Smile]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Send me your stuff if it's terminal! [Smile]

Okay, not if it's communicable...that goes to...er...Glen Beck.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Member # 1203

I feel better (vaguely)... fucking ghouls... *smirks* just got this shitty tougue taste and some r, oh 'Boobs' on TV...

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the original topic: As we can see in the pics there is a distinct registry on the top of the saucer section.

Question: How was this done by the FX-Team? I guess that they used the CGI-model for that scene and put a number on it. Is there no way to contact the FX-studio and ask, what number they used?

Teh PW
Member # 1203

Pics please.

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first post has two links to pics, where you can see that there is a registry on the hull of the Sitak. Since we can read the last digit as a 1, it is save to say that it is not the same registry as the Majestic or the Shirkhar.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps