Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Annoying subspace question (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Annoying subspace question
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
It's possible that the relay needs regular maintence and that priority channels require someone there to prevent some foreign power from setting up a communications tap.

Possible... Someone did just that to the MIDAS array. Still, it never really seemed like an important place, nor one really far from help - or replacement, for that matter. I'd say that all the relay stations would be visually inspected by patrols on a minimum schedule; all those Excelsiors have to do SOMETHING...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All those Excelsiors are desperately needed to serve as taxis for the visiting admirals of the week.
Besides, everyone knows that exploration on Trek can only be accomplished by the biggest/newest starship (at least we never hear of other ships doing anything like that).
Excelsiors also serve the vital role of depleating the Dominion's weapon energy reserves and keeping Jem'Hadar weapons crews at the peak performance.

I'd be intresting to see a subspace array (manned) with some defensive capabilities- stuff that is stationed out by Tholian, Tzenkethi, Cardassian, Romulan or Breen space.

Fuck, when you think about it, the Federation really has few friends.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, er, where the hell was the Epsilon 9 Station anyway? I always just assumed it was near Klingon space (not that it makes its position any clearer). But maybe it was a comms array much nearer to Earth. What is it, three days as the V'ger flies? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it didn't seem to have ANY defensive capacity.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, draw a line from Klingon space to Earth, and Epsilon 9 was on it somewhere.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just anywhere on that line?

-

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(100% snark, sir.)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps