Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Terrenova/Tereshkova

Author Topic: Terrenova/Tereshkova
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received an e-mail from Bernd today. He states that the class eight shuttlecraft seen in the shuttle chart in the encyclopedia is given the name of Tereshkova by the fact files. I read the name of the shuttlecraft as Terrenova. (This needs to be read with the use of a magnifier.) Is this the same shuttlecraft or a different shuttlecraft? Thanks to Bernd for the e-mail.
IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Tereshkova.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides, shuttles are named after scientists, explores, and the like. Seeing as Valentina Tereshkova was the first woman in space, and Terranova is just Latin for "new-land", I'd say Tereshkova was more likely all along... :-)

------------------
"Silence, you contemptible shrew!"
-Stewie, The Family Guy

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will scan the Fact Files shuttle diagram and post it along with some more alien ships. I have to wait for the next two FF issues first. If they have interesting stuff, a new page will be up soon.

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Worse still, terrenova is a bogus word made up from French and Latin parts frankensteined together so I doubt they'd stick it on a ship.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...unless the same guy is responsible who labeled the Briattain, Jenoliean and Bellereophon.
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Maybe it's named after a famous post-20th century Italian called Terranova. Maybe they think the character in the mob show Wiseguy was a real person. *looks at pic* Damn, it does say Tereshkova. *notices everyone looking at him* What? They van name a ship after Akira but not after Vinnie Terranova?
Trinculo
Ex-Member

I have compiled a small list of USS Voyager shuttles-

Delta Flyer (does this bird have a registry?)
Tereshkova (NCC-74656/01)
Cochrane (NCC-74656/04)
Sacjawea (NCC-74656/05)

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the argument goes that, because the Delta Flyer could not be commissioned by Starfleet, it therefore has no official Starfleet registry.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Voyager also have the Drake as a shuttlecraft.

------------------
"Can't wait to eat that Monkey..."-Abraham Simpson

Trinculo
Ex-Member

USS Vanguard:
Thanks.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They misspelled Bellerophon, too? Pleh...

------------------
"Silence, you contemptible shrew!"
-Stewie, The Family Guy

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Maybe they misspelled Bellerophon only in the Encyclopedias, not on the model (if it was accordingly labeled at all).

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps