Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Galaxy-class Deck One Head (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Galaxy-class Deck One Head
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sooooo wrong.
Funny, but wrorg.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Smitty, can I get a rimshot? [Wink]

www.instantrimshot.com

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that is the bathroom. The door label was HEAD just as the adjacent door in that alcove was labeled CONFERENCE.

I know there's been episodes where it's been readable. I recently came across one where Wes is speaking with Ens. Mendon, the Benzite, in A Matter of Honor in season 2. As the characters move during the scene, a few letters can be seen.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SOUNDEFFECT!
Holy crap! It's old home week! Where ya been, homey?
Ever get that Halo ship completed?

Maybe the door leads to a severed dolphin head, attached to the main computer via wires and conduits- used for navigation....

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
Smitty, can I get a rimshot? [Wink]

www.instantrimshot.com
Eerily, I stumbled that a few minutes after writing that post yesterday/the other day/I don't know what day it is I just woke up leave me alone.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am watching TNG "The Pegasus" right now, and I just noticed that at about 20 minutes in ( on television, so I'm not sure for DVD), on the bridge, there is a black starfleet officer in a blue uniform that gets a PADD approved by Riker, then goes through the "head doors" You can't see the doors, but you can definitely tell that that's where he goes.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he's showing what he thinks of Riker's orders?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe there's just a hole down to deck 2? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe some light reading? [Wink]
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See... I don't get it. Is there really that much of a stigma about using the head? Military guys?

So the security officer is in the middle of dropping a deuce when the Borg show up... I guess it happens. Shame he had to die with a tire tread in his shorts... but oh well.

Now, what I do question is the proximity of the stinky to the bridge. Do you really want the CO fighting his own gag reflex at the same time he's trying to fight off a Romulan Warbird? Maybe they have candles, or a kickin' air filtration system.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Data also operates as an air freshener. His positronic brain can de-ionize and freshen the air around him, which is then blown out his ass. [Wink]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Now, what I do question is the proximity of the stinky to the bridge. Do you really want the CO fighting his own gag reflex at the same time he's trying to fight off a Romulan Warbird? Maybe they have candles, or a kickin' air filtration system.

Same here. Any bridges that I've designed have *not* had a head on the bridge level. God forbid the Captain might have to walk a few steps!
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I still like the beam-the-poop-out-of-your-rectum idea...
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, in the big D's defence, the bridge is bigger than some people's homes...

--------------------

-George Carlin

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go.

On the Franz Joseph bridge plans there is a head on the Bridge level.

Diane Carey had an interesting scene in one of her novels where the main character asks Kirk (or was it Spock) for permission to step above deck (or something like that) so she could go use the restroom.

Star Trek's always been so sanitary, like the Brady Bunch. We've seen sinks but never a toilet.

I'm scratching my head right now, though, trying to think of any SciFi show that has shown the facilities. We've seen Mal peeing and washing his hands on Firefly but I can't think of any other.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps