Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » More DS9 kitbashy goodness! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: More DS9 kitbashy goodness!
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing the other Reliant model would be either 4186 or 4189. Although 4198 or 4168 are possible as well.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the untitled 11 pic, furthest down next to the maquisshipmodel, what exatcly is that model with the weird nacelles?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a Vor'Cha. It's upside down. [Smile]
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, it took me a couple of seconds to figure it out too. Back in the day I would've known instantly, but my fictional starship identification powers are growing weak.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure that Excelsior is NCC-2010.
Andru
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for Andru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And NCC-9481 is the USS Latrine, best possible reuse of the Reliant letters [Wink]

But seriously, to me it looks like a very short name, perhaps 4 or 5 letters.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I wonder if that Excelsior is the Kongo that Okuda supposedly mentioned once.)

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update: I'm still waiting on the Curry kitbash. It's in a box somewhere in Dan Curry's storage unit, waiting to be unearthed. However, he's graciously asked me to keep seding him email reminders every couple of months or so, and I'm a patient guy. I have no doubt that we'll eventually see the model, but it'll be some time.

However, I did find a few more interesting on-topic things in the meantime:

The remains of the U.S.S. Chekov.

The remains of one Excelsior study model (lower nacelles are missing).

Possible concept art of the Titan from Nemesis, drawn by Rick "Sterngazer" Sternbach (although crudely drawn, I like it better than Sean Torangeau's version).

[ June 30, 2011, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chekov - Wreckage, nuff said

Excelsior Study Model - Great! I so do love those study models, it's a shame that were never used for more than space trash in Qualor II. I find it disconcerting to see that this particular model lost its two bottom nacelles, as it was my favorite design of the bunch.

Titan concept art - This seems dubious to me, from its silly name to its sillier design.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well that Chkov pic looks very much like this enough to make me think that pic will we ever see of the actual ship before... being chewed up.... pretty fucking sick when you think about it...

Dukky, was that piece actually filmed?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really hope they did not chop up the actual Chekov to make that small piece!

That Sternbach spatula has got to be a gag- what possible use would there be in that configuration?

I may be the only person tat loves the Excelsior study models! Thanks for those pics- I needd to get back to modeling and build my own!

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

The piece of Chekov wreckage was Mike Okuda's. I believe the rest of the model was what was filmed, and he kept this piece for himself. Sadly, it's probably all that remains of the model.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

I may be the only person tat loves the Excelsior study models! Thanks for those pics- I needd to get back to modeling and build my own!

Hey I love them too!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, we Flarites loves all the ships...except that new Enterprise abomination!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Yeah, we Flarites loves all the ships...except that new Enterprise abomination!

Yeah, I can't think of an Enterprise in recent memory that I actually liked.

1. Enterprise-D - loved it.
2. Enterprise-E - hated it.
3. Enterprise NX-01 - hated it.
4. nuEnterprise - hated it.
5. Enterprise-F (from ST Online) - hate it.

(I did like the Enterprise-J though, but since we never actually saw the exterior of the ship in an episode it doesn't count)

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.