Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ship Registries and Prefixes

Author Topic: Ship Registries and Prefixes
Starbuck
"Replicate some marmalade, Commander - helm control is toast!"
Member # 153

- posted      Profile for Starbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, here's a thought:
I was doing some reading the other day about WWII ships and came across a reference to the USS Alhambra, which was loaned to the Royal Navy. They rechristened her HMS Kirkcudbright.

For some of the SWDAO registry prefixes, is it possible that something similar has occurred (eg. Starfleet loaning the USS Raven to a research group, making it SS Raven)??

------------------
WARNING: Storing semtex in the microwave
may be hazardous to your health!

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post Erased

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?

[This message was edited by Hobbes on June 18, 1999.]

[This message was edited by Hobbes on June 19, 1999.]

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possible, but the Raven prefix was not an action of Starfleet, but of the Trek Production. In such case I have to stand on the idea that any new episodial information reguarding a ship, negates any earlier episodial information. Saying so, I hold the Raven to be an USS.

But the other points you make are valid, and I'm sure that Starfleet has plenty of special situations where names are changed. To think not is pretty unrealistic.

Thanks for bringing this up.

------------------
"There are always bigger tits."

Qui-Gon Jinn in Mos Espa's sleaziest adult nightclub.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kirkcudbright? A starship captain, regurgitated cow food, and illumination, all in one word!

------------------
"If you hear only one song this year, there's something terribly wrong with you."
-They Might Be Giants, "Critic Intro"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps