Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » An Omnipedia JEM'HADAR diagram?

Author Topic: An Omnipedia JEM'HADAR diagram?
Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look at this Jem'Hadar bug schematic I came across on a website:

http://members.tripod.com/~Defiantnx_74205/jemhadar.jpg

Is this a genuine Omnipedia diagram, or a case of someone copying Omnipedia schems? I've only seen a couple of Defiant and Voyager ones, but never this.

Boris

[This message was edited by Boris on June 18, 1999.]

Jamaharon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nopers, it's fake. The LCARS are inaccurate, and isn't the standard Omnipedia color scheme. I've seen this around the internet for two years now.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Canal/6569
"You're young," said Athos. "Your bitter memories still have time to turn into sweet ones."

IP: Logged
Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And its got the Bug being larger than the Defiant!!! Its blasphemy (sp?)!!!

------------------
"So where are the nuggets on a chicken anyway?"

IP: Logged
Jim Phelps
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. Does anyone have the Omnipedia? What kinds of diagrams does it really have?

Boris

------------------

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing!!!!! I did a trace of this exact schematic ... where the hell did that go to now. I haven't seen that in about year.

------------------
hello world

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A nice bug schematic, especially for Boris

http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/scans/jem-hadar-bug.jpg

------------------
"The past, the present and the future, they exist as one, they breathe together." (Annorax, VOY: "The Year of Hell")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Testing new signature*

I will put up a new page with scanned ship schematics such as the bug tonight (or rather on monday or tuesday?).

------------------
"The past, the present and the future, they exist as one, they breathe together." (Annorax, VOY: "The Year of Hell")
Ex Astris Scientia

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think this would rather more qualify as hieracy against doctrine than blasphemy.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Jim Phelps
Member # 102

Thanks for the pic, the cutest Jemmie critter I've seen for quite some time. Anyway, the reason I think the pic may originate from one of the updates to the Omnipedia is the startling similarity to the following schematics:

Voyager Master Situation Display

Voyager Engineering Set Plan

Voyager Sickbay Set Plan

Voyager Bridge/Ready Room Set Plan

Defiant Bridge Set Plan

Defiant Engineering Set Plan/Power Transfer schematics

Defiant Exterior Schematic

Boris

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited June 25, 1999).]

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boris, those aren't from the Omnipedia, at least not my version of it. Considering their amateurish look and the dreadful color scheme, I certainly hope they're not from any version of it...

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen those pics in a while. I downloaded them back in early 1995 when I still had AOL. I think that's when they came out.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Apparently the Defiant put on some weight and ran head-first into a wall...

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Boris: I don't have the Omnipedia. Is it possible the diagrams are actually taken from there, considering their uniform style, or is it just the same fan who made them? Honestly, I could have made better diagrams, especially the lettering.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps