Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SWDAO:Studio Models (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SWDAO:Studio Models
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem of studio models have been discussed for several months. The issue appeared with two ship models that were seen at expositions and conventions, the Ambassador class USS Yamaguchi, and the Constellation class USS Valkyrie(which was the relabeled Hathaway). Many were unsure whether to place them on their ship lists. Soon it became known that the Yamaguchi was the anonymous Ambassador seen in the DS9's pilot Emissary. This was confirmed by the official Star Trek site.
Many then came to the conclusion that the Valkryie, like the Yamaguchi, probably was on screen as well, most likely being the Constellation in Redemption II. This, however has never been confirmed.
Soon, two more ships were thrown into the fire. The Trinculo, a Galaxy model, and the Leeds, a Nebula model. Neither of these two ships have ever been officially confirmed to be in either DS9 or Voyager. The fact that much of the FX's on both shows now use CGI rather than models, also made it quite possible that these were never seen on screen.
Recently both ships were said to be in Sacrifice of Angels on the Star Trek:Expanded ship list.
So far, Paramount has only recognized the Yamaguchi, we'll have to see if it does the same to the other three.

Questions, comments, and criticisms are welcome.

------------------
-I'm not principal of the line, mother.
-And you never will be...

[This message was edited by USS Vanguard on June 18, 1999.]

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Studio Models
A Studio Model that is missed is the USS Valiant NCC-20000. This Model appeared in a series of shows about VFX named "Movie Magic" which debuted on the Discovery Channel. I personnally believe the ship is the Oberth Class ship seen in Generations.

Another Studio Model that is missed is the USS Cochrane NCC-8000. This ship appeared in "The Drumhead" and is attested to by the The Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion. Many people either don't care to know about the reference or choose to ignore the reference.

I have thrown the towel in on convincing people on either of these two ships. I know they exist and that is good enough for me.

The official Star Trek web site's index for transportation is out of date, more out of date than the 1997 encyclopedia. I wouldn't use the information for anything except Bantha fodder.

IP: Logged
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the companion, and while it mentions the Cochrane, I can find no reference to the NCC-8000.

------------------
-I'm not principal of the line, mother.
-And you never will be...

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vanguard is correct.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Trinculo
Ex-Member

I take the registry from the episode. There is a nice view of the port with the registry visible. Can Mr. G (The Shadow) get a vidcap?
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would if I had it on tape, which I don't.

------------------

Trinculo
Ex-Member

Mr. G, do you have the episodes "The Game" or "A Fistful of Datas"? Both use stock footage from "The Drumhead". (When I think of The Shadow, I see the fiery ball of evil from the "Fifth Element". I don't like to see you as pure evil.)
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

I don't have those on tape either.

The thing from The Fifth Element was called Mr. Shadow, actually. Interestingly, the philosophy described by the rich guy in that movie was similar to the Shadows in B5.

------------------

[This message was edited by The Shadow on June 18, 1999.]

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I thought it was based on that 1930s comic book character, "The Shadow".

Boris

------------------

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just so long as it's not His Divine Shadow from Lexx...

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Who knows what lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows..." Oops. Sorry. Wrong Shadow... :-)

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I thought Alec Baldwin was the shadow?

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was Baldwin...

The Leeds is said to be the Neb seen at the end of SofA, and considering there was no Neb mesh until 'Waltz', it stands to reason that's what it is.

However, IIRC, we haven't seen the Galaxy model since TWotW, when she was the Venture. This means that the Trinculo is proably non-canon.

------------------
"A Star Wars picture that preaches against greed is a little like Bill Clinton in the pulpit for a chastity-begins-at-home campaign."

-Rex Murphy on Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In sunlight I cast a shadow.

------------------
"Meesa love yousa long time."

Jar Jar Binks, Vietnam, 1967.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, someone please tell me what IIRC stands for? Everytime I see I have no clue what it means.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps