Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Other studio models

Author Topic: Other studio models
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

U.S.S. Pasteur NCC-58925 Olympic-class

That's according to the studio model, back in the days when they actually built a model of a new ship instead of only using CGIs. The Star Trek Encyclopedia on the other hand says NCC-58928. So what do you believe? The model, which hard work and detail went into making, or the Encyclopedia? Not only for the Pasteur, but other ships as well.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe in the studio model. The studio model is canonical. There are two instances where I don't believe in the labeling on the studio model. These are the USS Brattain and the USS Ahwahnee. The USS Brattain's dedication plaque is more credible for me.
And the USS Ahwahnee. The first ship we know of for sure that had a registry that began with a NCC-73xxx is the USS Volga in the early 2370's. So I accept the registry NCC-71620 for the USS Ahwahnee.

My faith in the credibilty of the encyclopedia is sinking fast. There are too many mistakes in the text for there to be anything but a lack of trust.

[This message was edited by Trinculo on June 19, 1999.]

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Micromachine says 58925, but the TNG Companion says 58928. I think I'll go check the episode...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, due to the lighting, the front of the ship is never clearly visible, but when the Pasteur first appears, the number on the side of the nacelle is, and the last digit is indeed 5.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*thwaps TNG Companion* Stop that, TNGC, or you'll be as bad as the Encyclopedia can be!

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps