Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Remember this?

Author Topic: Remember this?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here is a nice clear picture from www.maximumdefiant.com

http://www.maximumdefiant.com/cgi-bin/fileCount.cgi?1024entInside.jpg

remember the 'starship' or 'cargo ship' that I said I saw in space dock - ok look closely by the left 'support' in spacedock (under the enterprise's engineering hull) - by the wall.

it has a stocky body - with a small saucer on top with two thin nacelles by the side of the saucer - you can also see this picture in the Art Of Star Trek.

its below that 'springboard' -- and not I don't think its part of the wall... why would the wall - have nacelles and a saucer section?

You can see its not connected either otherwise the shadow of the nacelle would touch the nacelle and the wall, you can see the wall above the nacelle's shadow.

------------------
"Ooh, FASA." - The Shadow, aka Frank G - June 1999

[This message was edited by AndrewR on June 20, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A link for the lazy, such as myself.

------------------
"It's not my birthday, it's not today. It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me?"
--
They Might Be Giants

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really doubt those are nacelles. Perhaps it's just a cargo shuttle used only inside the station.
Maybe that's why it's right by that platform. And the front looks as if it's open.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am unsure.
IP: Logged
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Yep, it is there alright. This is the only "new ship?" sighting I believe in. But I don't see nacelles either. Clear picture though, hm.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't the nacelles or the saucer. It looks to me like they took some kind of storage box, did it up to look like something you'd find in a spacedock, and put it there. It may or may not be connected to the wall, but I'm quite sure it isn't a starship.

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what you're talking about, the only thing there is the Enterprise and the Excelsior.

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #3 : Whenever someone under you screws up make sure you teach them a lesson more so than you punish them.

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Im pretty sure your nuts.

------------------
"So where are the nuggets on a chicken anyway?"

IP: Logged
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be a single cargo container, without a ship?

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok another bit of info for nacelle and saucer spotting

ok, you see the 'box' now the end closest to us - has two thin strips mounted directly to the top of the box, they have little 'dots' and a line - like the e-a.

the saucer is attached directly to the top too, no 'dorsal'

look at the shadow on the wall... you can see the 'box' but then you can see the 'thin nacelle' that seems to just a bit further forward than the 'box'

look at the shadow.

------------------
"Ooh, FASA." - The Shadow, aka Frank G - June 1999

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps