Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Cardassian and Dominion ship chart (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cardassian and Dominion ship chart
Jdogg
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this chart while looking around, the size dosent look accurate however...
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Portal/4522/DOMINION.gif

------------------
Whats wrong? Ain't gonna live forever, never worrying about dying cuz it can't be any better. But Whatever happens, happens, always happens for the worst. If the worst is yet to happen I hope it happens to you first. -BHG

IP: Logged
Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, either the battleships too small or everything else is too big.

------------------
"The brocolli must die!"

-Stewie, The Family Guy

IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, but if it were accurate it'd be a very nice chart.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is this "Confrontation Cruiser" from? I realize that there is some evidence for another type of Jem'Hadar ship, but I can't recall it looking much like this...

------------------
"Breath...keep breathing. I can't do this alone"
--
Radiohead

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know much about alien ship sizes, but I know that the ratio of the battleship to the bug should be much higher, à la WYLB.

And, no, I don't think that qualifies as a spoiler, so don't even say it... :-�

------------------
Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but, if you get a long little doggie, wouldn't you just call it a 'dachshund'?"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Here's my version, based on canon and text info.

http://solareclipse.net/Channel/dom2.jpg

------------------
"I have only one purpose, the destruction of Hitler.....If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourbale reference to the devil in the House of Commons".

-Winston Churchill

[This message has been edited by Daryus Aden (edited June 27, 1999).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daryus's gives a much more accurate sense of things, in my opinion.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me, the bug still looks too big. Wasn't there than one shot that suggested that the bug and the Defiant have almost the same width? And, for that matter, it still looks too big in comparison to the battleship, although it could be my memory playing tricks on me...

------------------
"You! Are you smarter than this one?"
-Ambassador Byleth to LaForge regarding Worf, TNG's "Liasons"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN, the statement made by Jake about the size of the supercruiser (twice the sie of a Galaxy) was not backed up by the VFX of the episde. My chart shows how it would look if that were correct.
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bow of the Confrontation cruiser looks like it was cut and pasted from the Apollo/T'Pau

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Daryus: I'm referring to a shot in WYLB that shows a battleship and a bug in rather close proximity.

------------------
"You! Are you smarter than this one?"
-Ambassador Byleth to LaForge regarding Worf, TNG's "Liasons"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

Fair enough *L*. The reliability of canon however.....

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please don't misunderstand me, maybe I'm the only one but I really don't like statements which imply that what we finally see onscreen should be treated as inferior to the producers' initial thoughts on the subject. Especially since none of the staff ever said that their initial ideas/ship sizes should be considered correct because they have been 'mistreated' or 'ignored' onscreen.

What they usually say is that they come up with some numbers as a starting point, which are then changed in the course of the production process thanks to the WONDERFUL experience of having different people add their own expert opinion/modifications to their designs. They would LOVE to change their initial sizes so that everything makes sense, but don't have the time for that.

After all, it ultimately is a collaborative process to create the best possible ONSCREEN experience for the viewer.

Boris

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited July 01, 1999).]

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's quite an interesting Breen there.

------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

Boris, I totally agree . All I'm saying is that whilst it looks brilliant, it's not reliable. I'm sure that they do go to a great deal of effort to ensure quality control, but anyone can make mistakes.

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps