Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » What are these ships?

Author Topic: What are these ships?
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to Fabrux's site with a list of starships and there were a few ships I didn't recognize. Here they are...

Ambassador-class
USS Aurora NCC-XXXXX
USS Black Dog NCC-26530
USS Citadel NCC-26541

Defiant-class
USS Monitor NCC-74207

Excelsior-class
USS James Kirk
USS Trial NX-2022

Miranda-class
USS Hoagsland
USS Saratoga NCC-31911-A

Nebula-class
USS Gallant

Sovereign-class
USS Sovereign NX-74222 - the registry of the Sovereign, where'd that come from?

Does anyone know the origin of these ships? Are they mentioned in novels or some other not-quite official source?

Hobbes

------------------
Federation Starship Datalink
Oh my god, they killed Weyoun. You bastards.
-The Kenny of Star Trek.

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Monitor was from one of Shatner's novels.
The Hoagland was a Miranda that was at Wolf359, but it was from a fan publication so is not official.
The rest, I guess are also fan based.

------------------
-I'm not principal of the line, mother.
-And you never will be...

[This message has been edited by USS Vanguard (edited June 27, 1999).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Saratoga-A is from a Micahel Jan Friedman novel, Saratoga.

They're all non-canon ships.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright. First of all, thank you for visting my site. Second of all, how'd you access that ship list? The file is ships1.html and I don't have it linked anywhere...... The Aurora was in DW book 1, along with the Gallant. The Citadel and Black Dog are from schematics I drew up of the Ambassador-class. The Monitor and the Hoagsland were in Shatner's novel The Return, Neither one was given a registry, but I figured it would be something like 74207 seeing as where it was after the Defiant (74205) and before the Valiant (74210). The Saratoga-A was in the novel Saratoga, as mentioned before by Ben. The James Kirk was from a synopses of FC that I read a long time ago. It was commanded by Admiral Picard (really screwed up synopses, nothing like the actual movie). I hope that clears everything up. None of the mentioned ships are canon in any way, I had just put them on my list. Oh, I almost forgot. The Trial. The Trial is a little theory of mine that has the Trial as a testbed for the Excelsior refit. Seeing as where Starfleet didn't want anything to happen to their precious flagship on it's maiden voyage, I figure they tested all the new stuff on the Trial first. This Trial is by no means the phantom one from a SWDAO thread.

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I typed in "Soyuz" for a search. One of the threads had a link to it.

Hobbes

------------------
Federation Starship Datalink
Oh my god, they killed Weyoun. You bastards.
-The Kenny of Star Trek.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Shuffles papers*. I still have that synopsis. Woulldn't have made a good movie, way overdid the battle angle.

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

Dan
Member # 129

- posted      Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mind mailing it to me? Plus, I always thought diplomacy was the art of telling someone to go to hell and make him enjoy the trip?

------------------
Daniel Henderson
Senior Babylon 5 Editor
http://www.myrkr.com

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too, I'd like to see that synopsis.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps