Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ship-based phasers

Author Topic: Ship-based phasers
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, phasers are hot, right? So if a ship or large phaser cannon fired the beam through an atmosphere, wouldn't there be a wave of expanding air flying outward from the beam?

I am not sure, this may be confusion talking...

------------------
"Well, I dunno, Katie...I mean, it worked on the sheep and I thought why not try it on your baby?"

Simon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well theorectically a phaser should behave just like lightning and create a thunderous explosion when they go through an atmoshpere.

------------------
Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.
-Russell

IP: Logged
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember several times the shipboard phaser was used against targets on a planet and Kirk was only a few meters away...

------------------
"No, thanks. I've had enough. One more cup and I'll jump to warp." (Janeway, asked if she would like some coffee in "Once upon a Time")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw shucks. A few meters. A few meters. Some one should slap Sulu for having such poor aim.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps