Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » energy weapons fire

Author Topic: energy weapons fire
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm designing a Combat Cutter, a sleek ship that is sent into battlespace to beam aboard personel from escape pods, and to tractor undamaged pods into a transport bay. The problem is shielding. The ship will have shields, but we know that shields must be dropped to transport. To save its skin in such an endeavor, the cutter is fast, and compact. It doesn't have a large sensor cross-section. It also employes sensor-decoy countermeasures to confuse targeting scans. But that is not enough. There is a such thing as the lucky shot.
This means the cutter needs ablative armor, plus something to absorb, reflect, or diminish energy discharges. Now we know that Starfleet uses phasers with the nadion particle. For phaser type weapons an armor plate that effects nadions is in order. The same goes for poleron weapons. But what about disrupters? Any idea what their princible force carrier is?

(And yes I will posts pics in the appropiater forum when done.)

------------------
Think of it this way, at least we will be in prison together.
Tom to B'Lanna, upon reaching Earth and and being arrested by Tuvok.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only reference to a particle associated with disruptors I could find was that Romulan ones leave antiprotons behind. I'm not sure if that helps, as it isn't specified whether the particles are from the disruptor, or from its reaction with the target.

------------------
"Don't call me at work again. Oh no, the boss still hates me. I'm just tired and I don't love you anymore, and there's a restaurant we should check out where the other nightmare people like to go...I mean nice people, baby wait, I didn't mean to say nightmare."
--
They Might Be Giants

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps